Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nebraska Service Center

I mailed my Naturalization Application (N-400) on Thursday July 14, 2005, but so far I have not seen anything from Nebraska Service Center and at the same time they have not cashed the check either. Does anyone know whether it takes this long for them to look at my application? I submitted every supporting document that was relevant to my case. I am desperately waiting.

Utboy

I mailed my Naturalization Application (N-400) on Thursday July 14, 2005, but so far I have not seen anything from Nebraska Service Center and at the same time they have not cashed the check either. Does anyone know whether it takes this long for them to look at my application? I submitted every supporting document that was relevant to my case. I am desperately waiting.

Utboy

Comment

Hi Utboy!

I mailed my N-400 priority mail to the Nebraska Service Center on July 15th (Friday), they received it Monday the 18th (I had delivery confirmation with signature). The check for the 390 came out on the 21st of July. I received my Notice of Receipt July 26th which was Tuesday. I would wait a week and then if nothing call. Make sure you mailed it to the right address and that the check was made to Dept of Homeland Security.

Hope they got yours and are just slow for some reason. I mailed mine from Alaska on the 15th and already have the info back.

Comment

HI,
        PLZ GIVE ME THE ADDRESS OF NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER,LINCOLN .
        amber

Comment

I have received my application back from Nebraska the reason being that I mailed the application two weeks before meeting continuous residency requirement. So I am mailing it back to them tomorrow on saturday and I will see what happens from there.

Momof3 will you please keep me updated on your timeline so I can have somekind of a benchmark for my application. Thanks.

ambereen, if you any USCIS address go to the USCIS website: http://uscis.gov/graphics/services/natz/statemap.htm and click on the state in which you reside.

Comment

UTboy

Glad you found out the reason. I will keep you posted on my timeline. Good luck!

Comment

Hi:
              i am a citizen and i filed I-130 for my sister's family who live in china in 1994. my question is that now my nephew is 22 yrs old, can he still immigrant to this country with his parents? in another word, is he qulified the the child protect law signed by president Bush? can anyone email the answer to: jl@cpalawyer.biz. thanks.

Comment

I have just mailed my N-400 application today (Priority mail). It should be there at least by Tuesday and hopefully there would no any problem this time. I will update my case as soon as I have activities on it.

Comment

Finally there is some progress on my file (N-400). I checked my bank account over the weekend and saw that my Check for $ 390.00 was cashed on Friday. I assume that I will be receiving NOA sometime this week. I hope that things will start moving a little bit faster. Good luck to everyone.

Comment

Utboy

Glad they cashed the check. I received my NOA on the 27th of July which is 9 days after they received it. It was mailed exactly 1 week after they received it and I got it 2 days later. So you should get it soon, this week I would think!

Nothing new on my case......waiting still but it has only been 3 weeks! 3 LONG weeks!

Comment

Momof3,

Thanks for your posts. I am eagerly waiting for NOA. I hope that it will be here by the end of the week. I have been looking at different posts and it looks like usually after receiving NOA, two weeks later or up to a month you should be receiving an FP notice. I hope this happens to our cases. It sounds like most cases nowadays take about six months for the entire process and for the lucky ones it takes even less time. Let us keep our fingers crossed and see what happens. Good luck.

Comment

Yesterday I received NOA for my N-400. My priority date is August 1st. The NOA indicated that the entire Naturalization process should take about 8 months, but when I checked the online status it said that the entire process should take about a year. Anyway I excited that there is some progress on my file.

Comment

UTBOY

Hi again. I have my NOA saying that it can take 370 to 385....online it says 365 to 370. USCIS says 6.5 months. USCIS just updated for Alaska and says they are processing Feb 15th.......my date is July 18th. So it looks like from their last date of Jan 1st they took 27 days to process approximately 45 days of cases.....so my time may be sooner than the 6.5 USCIS states, I sure hope so. I am thinking in January I should be swearing in, not looking forward to driving 8 to 10 hrs in nasty winter weather but in the end it will be worth it.

What is the local one you are using for the dates off of USCIS? They told me to count from the processing date they currently display and then subtract how many months since my priority date. IE....Feb 15 to now is 6 months - 1 month since priority date so 5 more months.

Good luck.

Comment

Momof3

It sounds like your NOA and mine have the exact same information. Anyway, before yesterdays update the processing dates for Utah was as of January 10th, 2005 but after the update the dates went back to January 1st, 2005. I do not know what would make the dates to go backwards instead of forward. We probably we will never know. I talked to an Immigration Officer out of Salt Lake Office and he told me that it is currently taking an average of about 4 and a half to six months for the entire process. I hope my case falls within the six months average. It looks like Alaska is faster than most of the Districts in the West. Good luck and keep me posted.

Comment

UTBOY

Weird how it went back for the dates. Hopefully you will be surprised and have it finished sooner than the 6 months.

It has been 4 weeks since the USCIS received my application, no fingerprint notice yet. Hopefully soon. I am not the most patient person and it is hard having things out of your hands!

I'll keep you posted and I hope you'll do the same.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation