X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Immigration Bill

Just a thought.
    I do not agree with the three-tiered treatment of illegals; I feel that they should legalize them all. The idea of deporting anyone who has been here for less that 2 years and have them re-apply for visas from their home countries is not going to work because none of these people will leave.
    Also what is the difference between a person living in US for 4 ½ years and another one living here for 5 years? That 1/2 year doesn't make that much difference in their roots.
    How long is it going to take for the illegals that have been here 2-5 years to get approved in any point of entry and get back in the States, and while this approval process takes place where will they stay? It just doesn't make any sense to me. Any thoughts?

Just a thought.
    I do not agree with the three-tiered treatment of illegals; I feel that they should legalize them all. The idea of deporting anyone who has been here for less that 2 years and have them re-apply for visas from their home countries is not going to work because none of these people will leave.
    Also what is the difference between a person living in US for 4 ½ years and another one living here for 5 years? That 1/2 year doesn't make that much difference in their roots.
    How long is it going to take for the illegals that have been here 2-5 years to get approved in any point of entry and get back in the States, and while this approval process takes place where will they stay? It just doesn't make any sense to me. Any thoughts?

Comment

Congress gives no fu ck what you and We think.

Comment

So, no one should have to leave and reenter. No one should have to learn to speak English and no one should have to assimilate to the U.S. culture in any way at all. Illegal aliens are not really illegal but actually inconvenienced.

Sounds to me like people are confusing the word "citizenship" with the word "membership". Please thump your chest more, the sleeping giant better known as the collective American spirit has not yet awoke.

Comment

I never said they should not learn English nor assimilate to the US culture. They should have already learned English because that's the first thing you need to learn when you move into a new country.
          My confusion was on how long is this leaving and re-entering going to take? And no I don't think they should have to leave and re-enter.

Comment

Sen. Harry Reid said that it is RACIST to make English the official language of the U.S.

Mark my words, this will be the phrase the stops ANY immigration bill from making it to law. You pushed just a little too far.

Comment

Mandatory Departure-

`(1) IN GENERAL- The Secretary of Homeland Security shall grant Deferred Mandatory Departure status to an alien who meets the requirements of this section for a period not to exceed 3 years .

`(2 ) REGISTRATION AT TIME OF DEPARTURE- An alien granted Deferred Mandatory Departure shall--

`(A) depart from the United States before the expiration of the period of Deferred Mandatory Departure status;

`(B) register with the Secretary of Homeland Security at the time of departure; and

`(C) surrender any evidence of Deferred Mandatory Departure status at the time of departure.

`(3) APPLICATION FOR READMISSION-

`(A) IN GENERAL- An alien under this section may apply for admission to the United States as an immigrant or nonimmigrant while in the United States or from any location outside of the United States, but may not be granted admission until the alien has departed from the United States in accordance with paragraph (2 ).

`(B) APPROVAL- The Secretary may approve an application under subparagraph (A) during the period in which the alien is present in the United States under Deferred Mandatory Departure status.

`(C) US-VISIT- An alien in Deferred Mandatory Departure status who is seeking admission as a nonimmigrant or immigrant alien may exit the United States and immediately reenter the United States at any land port of entry at which the US-VISIT exit and entry system can process such alien for admission into the United States.

`(D) INTERVIEW REQUIREMENTS- Notwithstanding any other provision of law, any admission requirement involving in-person interviews at a consulate of the United States shall be waived for aliens granted Deferred Mandatory Departure status under this section.
              `(6) RETURN IN LEGAL STATUS- An alien who complies with the terms of Deferred Mandatory Departure status and who departs before the expiration of such status--

`(A) shall not be subject to section 212(a)(9)(B);

`(B) if otherwise eligible, may immediately seek admission as a nonimmigrant or immigrant; and

`(C) is exempt from the requirements of section 218B.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation