Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help needed in looking for sponsor!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed in looking for sponsor!!!!!!!!!

Hi, everyone! I am married to US citizen and we are filing for adjustment of status. However, we have a slight problem. we are both students and we do not have sufficient income. I am waiting for my employment authorization card, I should get it by early June. However, immigration are asking to show sufficient income or to find "a sponsor" and we have to do it before late May in order to file in the timely manner. My wife's parents unfortunatelly are in financial ruin and cannot help, our friends are pure students, to put it in short, we did not have any luck yet. As soon as I will be able to work, we will have sufficient income, but for that short period of time we need someone to sign that affidavit of support, we do not need actual support or sponsorship. We are willing to sign all necessary agreements with that person in order to minimize any risk of making them pay for us. Also we would refile necessary papers as soon as we will have sufficient income and relieve any person who would help us from any responsibility.
    Our situation is quite desperate.

So maybe someone knows someone who could possibly help? Please!
    Thanks!

Hi, everyone! I am married to US citizen and we are filing for adjustment of status. However, we have a slight problem. we are both students and we do not have sufficient income. I am waiting for my employment authorization card, I should get it by early June. However, immigration are asking to show sufficient income or to find "a sponsor" and we have to do it before late May in order to file in the timely manner. My wife's parents unfortunatelly are in financial ruin and cannot help, our friends are pure students, to put it in short, we did not have any luck yet. As soon as I will be able to work, we will have sufficient income, but for that short period of time we need someone to sign that affidavit of support, we do not need actual support or sponsorship. We are willing to sign all necessary agreements with that person in order to minimize any risk of making them pay for us. Also we would refile necessary papers as soon as we will have sufficient income and relieve any person who would help us from any responsibility.
    Our situation is quite desperate.

So maybe someone knows someone who could possibly help? Please!
    Thanks!

Comment

Sure, I'll sign up to legally obligate myself to support 2 complete strangers for the rest of my life

Comment

Michael, if you can't help, so chill! No need here to be rude!
        And to your info, for the future referance, there are ways to minimize those risks and, by the way, no one is talking here about for the rest of your life, it's a matter of couple months to a year, max, then we, ourselves, would refile.

Comment

I don't know how you are going to guarantee that you will find employment. Do you have a job offer? What about your spouse?
          The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.

Comment

Dont listen to michael, he is 450lbs white trash dude on welfare.

Comment

gosh, maybe one of those 12M 'hard working' illegals could sponsor you....oh, darn, I forgot, one has to be a USC or a legal (LEGAL) resident to be a sponsor....not to worry, most illegals buy phony IDs all the time, maybe one could get a phony green card and help you out.

Comment

This is going to be tough! I do not know any person in the right state of mind willing to sign for complete strangers. It is difficult to believe that nobody you know makes a little over 20K to help you.

Comment

I didn't think it was possible to change sponsorship or re-file after the i-864 has been accepted until you become a citizen.

If anyone has any information that supports the change of sponsorship, I would be interested in seeing it.

Comment

The miute you files those forms you cannot change anything or re-file the affidavit of suppport, if i am not mistaken the person who signs the support will be responsible for 7to 10 years or until the persons becomes a citizen.

Comment

Thanks for confirming that. I was pretty certain about that!

Comment

when you have a joint sponsor its only for the 2yr conditional after that they fall off and the main sponsor is the one who remains on.

Comment

Try your church organization. When the going get tough, turn to God. Good luck!

Comment

Hmmm. Care to cite a source or a link for this?
                            when you have a joint sponsor its only for the 2yr conditional after that they fall off and the main sponsor is the one who remains on.
                            The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.

Comment

thanx to those who were trying to help and wrote smth interesting!
                              Yes, we do need the joint sponsor (my wife is the main).
                              Employment: I have couple unofficial offers, I used to work for mortgage, title industry. So it should not be a problem. Plus my wife and I opened our business, we are waiting for some accounts "to get rolling" after their old contracts will expire. So we are on the good track, just couple of coming months can screw the things up for us, because we need that sponsor before the end of May.

Someone wrote here that it is hard to believe that we do not know anyone who makes over 20k's a year. Answer: no, we do not know anyone who makes that and would be willing to help. And don't you think, we wouldn't have this problem if we knew someone? come on, give me a break! Do you know how many excuses we heard from our so-called friends? I guess, it is true that only in hardship you would find out who your friends are. Sad but true.

we have couple of leads, mainly faith based organizations, but you never know...

If someone has some leads or smth, please, do not shy and let me know.
                              Thanks!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed