X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hudson
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
    In all practicality, 50k isn't that much. Got a story along these lines but can't publicly say just yet.

Its very doubtful he married you to get his hands on that. Especially given the fact it wasn't sold yet. And that most people are aware of separate property rights prior to the nuptials. You mentioned earlier something about his rentals? He has other property? Unless he was dirt poor and 50k was like an immense treasure in his eyes, I doubt it.

Concerning the other money. Was there a court order he was bound to for those things? And you had no idea of those prior obligations?

The story paints itself to imply the X was in on it. Again, a stretch. For a women to allow her husband to do his husbandly duty elsewhere for a small amount of money over a period of a year or two is extreme. If anything. There might have been a behind the scenes reconciliation at some point and he took advantage of you. A tell tail sign might be what was the financial picture with his X while they were together. Was she better off than he? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    don't be so simplistic Davdah.

Even while married, if spouses have assets in separate names, it is separate property under the law. What the husband did in essence was stealing. it was not a gift, it was not a loan, but stole the money from her. Being married just puts a twist to the situation, nothing more.

As far as the X is concerned, I was the one that stated maybe the police should arrest the X as an accessory. If the X knew about the situation and what he did, and knew that it was illegal, she could get into serious trouble, legally. But I was suggesting it merely as a police tactic to place pressure for the husband. i don't think her interest in him will extend beyond going to jail and maybe losing part of that home to another person. But unless the OP wins either in a criminal or civil case, there would be no way for her to recuperate the money.

Court orders involving divorce usually indicate that the obligation be paid by separate property, ie salary, pensions, annuities, equity of homes under the person responsible for the payment. And since the state is not community property, it simplifies which property can be taken. But since there was no court order, then the money transfer from one spouse to the other would be technically be a gift.

Leave a comment:

• newyorkr
    replied
    He has a townhome and it owed 10k - he paid that off and yes He knew it will be sold before I leave for the usa.what do u mean a court order for those things? U mean the house he paid off and her student loans? There was no court order fo that if that what u mean.. He was seeing her when he was with me. I learned that lately.She makes 1200 a mo and they have a 10 yr old son. I am surprised she did not ask for alimony or child support and when we were in the interview I the first time I saw his divorce papers they were divorced 2 weeks prior to our wedding date.

Leave a comment:

• newyorkr
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">And this is coming from someone who wanted, demanded, expected a prenuptial when you got married 001_rolleyes

Again, it is not about how much money he spent on her or how much she spent on him. It is quite common among couples with one or both spouses having separate bank account such as rainy day funds, or money inherited prior to a relationship.

It is obvious that the guy knew enough of her financial status before and during marriage that he knew how much money was in the bank account. But taking the money without telling her first, then lying about promising to pay it back, and then doing the hose job that he did on her, according to the OP's statement. What the guy saw when she inherited the money was $$$$$$$$$$ FIRST and 001_tt1 as a very distant second. It was not his to begin with.

And now its time for Davdah to be the lab rat again. Why don't you take something from your wife without telling her, then lie, and then do the same hose job that the OP's husdand did. When you completed serving time in the California state pen, write a report about it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It may be common that people keep separate accounts. It is with the same commonality that people get divorced. The point being that when you maintain separate anything it drives a wedge into the relationship. Before you spout off and point fingers. My wife has access to most of the accounts. The level of trust exceeds 7 figures.

The issue with taking it and then having to say I'll pay it back doesn't sound like much of a marriage to begin with. Hudson, if your wife took an extra 20.00 would you demand she pay it back? I wonder how you would perform as a lab rat. Lets stick a couple mil in your account and give you the option of either letting your wife have complete access or keeping it all a secret. Which way would you go?

The story is missing a lot of details. For one. She was living in NY and he is in NC prior to meeting. How long was the courtship? How long until the money disappeared? When was the house listed? When did it sell?

Does it stand to reason that a person is going to marry someone prior to the house being sold in another country with the hopes of getting access to that money in the future? With no guarantee it will be sold. Or for that matter even being put on the market to begin with?

A bit far fetched. Especially for such a small amount. 50K isn't enough to concoct such an elaborate scheme with a potential time line of years to accomplish.

Concerning the theft, if it is. The bank is probably off the hook. They won't return it since the log in and so forth was done correctly. Assuming he had the password. Even if the police find spyware on your box it doesn't guarantee anything. More than likely no charges will be filed since the defense will be you gave him the password, it was on the community home computer, and the transfer was legit. It could be said the plan was to pay off his other obligation quickly to avoid additional interest charges. Both sides could be argued with equal credibility.

This will probably be settled in the divorce proceedings. Even then, the same argument can be used saying it was used to reduce current interest payments. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I ;ived in Ny before we moved to NC where he is from. The house was sold a couple of mos after we were married.He has been to my country and he saw my lifestyle there. Courtship? 6 mos
    50K is not a lot? fo me it is, the assault occured when I demanded he return my $ and when I found out he use it to payy off his ex wife home. My parents gave him $ gifts when we got married he paid off his ex wife student loan with that.
    How about that?

Nice USC -

Leave a comment:

• a9b3h5
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hudson:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by a9b3h5:

Not entirely true. Banks are only required to report in excess of $10,000 when a transaction is conducted in CASH.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C...y_Transaction_Report </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Like I said, there may be a chance. Wecond, if suspicious activity, whether a wire treansfer or not, the bank can still file the FinCEN 104 form.
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Second, this poster is fake and making up stories. According to the story, the transfer was made using a computer. Any web based application that allows monetary functions will capture IP address as security measures. The detectives rather than looking at her computer will contact bank and obtain IP address. From there on it will be determined which ISP holds the IP block and that ISP will know which physical location was assigned that specific IP address at that given time and date. Third, Hudson you are undermining the intelligence of a detective by stating have detective contact IRS. Do you think detectives are not trained to use the tools available at their disposable? Or are you really shedding reality that our Government is a big failure including law enforcement agencies as clearly depicted by ICE and USCIS who knowingly and willfully continuously allow fake VAWA affidavits. Oh but wait a minute am I preaching messiah of VAWA to come out of shadow and see the reality? I think so. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Ap,
    It depends on where the transaction is located dufus. the bank has wire transfers in the hundred's of thousands, not exactly something that is easily found. And all it would be is the IP address. The key is finding out which IP address that initiated the wire transfer.

Finally, this has nothing to do with VAWA. But then again, I am talking to a Connecticut Yankee carpetbagger. Oh BTW, I will send a couple of CID, accountants with guns, to your home. There are questions they need to ask you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh lord mighty talking violence. A messiah against violence is threatening violence. Happens seldom. But not in this day age. Or could it be. Boggles my mind. What is at stake. It was understood to begin with. The sides chosen. Truth or Deceit. Don't matter fact anymore. Corrupt world welcomes shady people. Openly. Catch my drift.

Leave a comment:

• Hudson
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by newyorkr:
    Instead of trying to help why are you judging a person posting here?

" You cannot judge me until you have walked into my shoes" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Newyorkr, I was not judging anyone in my reply. I was addressing part of the post to you. I think you misunderstood the @ symbol.

Leave a comment:

• newyorkr
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hudson:
    So its assumed she will be too devastated to work! Trying to create a case for her, are we

Been down this road a few times already. And speaking from a practical point of view. It ain't going to fly. The sudden need for medicine will be seen for what it is, a ruse. The fact she was working will clearly show she isn't so devastated. Her only angel might be the issue of the money taken, maybe. A big maybe at that. You would be surprised at the amounts of money people can steal and for all intensive purposes get away with when its family doing the pick pocketing. Unless it was 7 figures don't expect any miracles.

As far as fleecing goes. What about the money he spent on her? Does that count? Or is just assumed there is a free ride? If she wants hers back then give his back too. That sounds fair. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    And this is coming from someone who wanted, demanded, expected a prenuptial when you got married

Again, it is not about how much money he spent on her or how much she spent on him. It is quite common among couples with one or both spouses having separate bank account such as rainy day funds, or money inherited prior to a relationship.

It is obvious that the guy knew enough of her financial status before and during marriage that he knew how much money was in the bank account. But taking the money without telling her first, then lying about promising to pay it back, and then doing the hose job that he did on her, according to the OP's statement. What the guy saw when she inherited the money was $$$$$$$$$$ FIRST and as a very distant second. It was not his to begin with.

And now its time for Davdah to be the lab rat again. Why don't you take something from your wife without telling her, then lie, and then do the same hose job that the OP's husdand did. When you completed serving time in the California state pen, write a report about it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank You.... You are right.. He never loved me and wanted a marriage he had a plan a game plan on me. What hurts is I believed I had a life and a marriage . I had dreams the american dream they say with white picket fence... That was for my dream house. Too bad... I deserve bettter.. Im glad I didnt sell my grandmas rice field... I still have something left back home

Thank You

Leave a comment:

• newyorkr
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">@ Hudson

Read a little further, where I said the bank would be the one bringing charges Roll Eyes If newyorkr has signed the affadavits at the bank that the transfer was not authorized, and records show that the money went into his sole account, then she should press the bank for return of her monies,. The bank will go after the husband via criminal charges . She has to be adamant and not waiver because they already think that she is part of the scam because of the passcode. In anyway, if she does not succeed here, she can always make a civil case against him in the courts. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    4now,
    It does not work that way. The bank does not bring charges against the the husband. From the OP statement, she said the detectives are looking into her computer of the possibility of spy ware. If this was the case, then we are talking about the use of the internet for the wire transfer or possibility of her estranged husband's ex wife portraying herself as the OP at the bank. In either case, the financial institution that sent the money is the innocent by standard. In their eyes, it was not their mistake if proper disclosure laws were met. Furthermore the receiving bank would need some legal document, not an affidavit, stipulating the money was illegally transferred into the bank account. In all likelihood, the OP's husband could be charged with wire fraud and/or money laundering. If the ex knew about this, then she could face charges as an accessory.

Another problem is where the OP's bank was located. If located in the U.S. then the bank would cooperate with any investigation. If not, then the problem get that more complicated. But here is the problem. If disclosure laws were met, then the bank considers it a proper transfer and now a sour grapes story between the OP and the estranged ex husband, not a scam.

@Newyorkr

If the money transfer was greater than $10000 or if either bank believed suspicious activity, there may be a chance to shed more light on the money transfer. Every bank is required to fill out a form called FinCEN 104 to report deposits, withdrawals, wire transfers, etc of monetary instruments greater than $10000 outside of specified business transactions. Have the detectives contact the Internal Revenue Service disclosure office, along with the proper forms, to request any and all FinCEN 104 forms with both your and your estranged husbands name. If under a criminal investigation, this can be done under IRC 6103 as a need to know. Also, fill out form 3949-A and describing your legal situation. Embezzlement is taxable under the Internal Revenue Code, ie the tax code. Criminal investigations of the IRS may look into this. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A total of 50K he transferred 25 x , he opened a checking acct with the same bank I had . I had this acct before I met him. He has 2 bank accts already withoput enough money on it just to use to deposit his paycheck .. and debit bills .. He has no savings ... It was easier for him to transfer from my acct to his witht he same bank. Yes one of the things they looked for was the IP address.. He used the computer in our home. How he got my password I have no clue. Thats where he may put a apyware on it.
    And to I dont work I was a student trying to better our lives. What fake vawa affidavits? I was assaulted with police reports and medical reports. We will be in court for that next week. This is costing mer time money and heartaches, just because a USC is greedy and want easy money to have his mortage paid off and throw me out after hes done with me .
    He has the nerve to get a OP against a 5'4 120 lbs . I dont drive I have no family here He has his whole clan in NC .
    Instead of trying to help why are you judging a person posting here?

" You cannot judge me until you have walked into my shoes"

Leave a comment:

• Hudson
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by a9b3h5:

Not entirely true. Banks are only required to report in excess of $10,000 when a transaction is conducted in CASH.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C...y_Transaction_Report </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Like I said, there may be a chance. Wecond, if suspicious activity, whether a wire treansfer or not, the bank can still file the FinCEN 104 form.
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Second, this poster is fake and making up stories. According to the story, the transfer was made using a computer. Any web based application that allows monetary functions will capture IP address as security measures. The detectives rather than looking at her computer will contact bank and obtain IP address. From there on it will be determined which ISP holds the IP block and that ISP will know which physical location was assigned that specific IP address at that given time and date. Third, Hudson you are undermining the intelligence of a detective by stating have detective contact IRS. Do you think detectives are not trained to use the tools available at their disposable? Or are you really shedding reality that our Government is a big failure including law enforcement agencies as clearly depicted by ICE and USCIS who knowingly and willfully continuously allow fake VAWA affidavits. Oh but wait a minute am I preaching messiah of VAWA to come out of shadow and see the reality? I think so. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Ap,
    It depends on where the transaction is located dufus. the bank has wire transfers in the hundred's of thousands, not exactly something that is easily found. And all it would be is the IP address. The key is finding out which IP address that initiated the wire transfer.

Finally, this has nothing to do with VAWA. But then again, I am talking to a Connecticut Yankee carpetbagger. Oh BTW, I will send a couple of CID, accountants with guns, to your home. There are questions they need to ask you.

Leave a comment:

• Hudson
    replied
    So its assumed she will be too devastated to work! Trying to create a case for her, are we

Been down this road a few times already. And speaking from a practical point of view. It ain't going to fly. The sudden need for medicine will be seen for what it is, a ruse. The fact she was working will clearly show she isn't so devastated. Her only angel might be the issue of the money taken, maybe. A big maybe at that. You would be surprised at the amounts of money people can steal and for all intensive purposes get away with when its family doing the pick pocketing. Unless it was 7 figures don't expect any miracles.

As far as fleecing goes. What about the money he spent on her? Does that count? Or is just assumed there is a free ride? If she wants hers back then give his back too. That sounds fair. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    And this is coming from someone who wanted, demanded, expected a prenuptial when you got married

It is obvious that the guy knew enough of her financial status before and during marriage that he knew how much money was in the bank account. But taking the money without telling her first, then lying about promising to pay it back, and then doing the hose job that he did on her, according to the OP's statement. What the guy saw when she inherited the money was $$$$$$$$$$ FIRST and as a very distant second. It was not his to begin with.

And now its time for Davdah to be the lab rat again. Why don't you take something from your wife without telling her, then lie, and then do the same hose job that the OP's husdand did. When you completed serving time in the California state pen, write a report about it.

Leave a comment:

• a9b3h5
    replied

@Newyorkr

If the money transfer was greater than $10000 or if either bank believed suspicious activity, there may be a chance to shed more light on the money transfer. Every bank is required to fill out a form called FinCEN 104 to report deposits, withdrawals, wire transfers, etc of monetary instruments greater than $10000 outside of specified business transactions. Have the detectives contact the Internal Revenue Service disclosure office, along with the proper forms, to request any and all FinCEN 104 forms with both your and your estranged husbands name. If under a criminal investigation, this can be done under IRC 6103 as a need to know. Also, fill out form 3949-A and describing your legal situation. Embezzlement is taxable under the Internal Revenue Code, ie the tax code. Criminal investigations of the IRS may look into this. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C...y_Transaction_Report

Second, this poster is fake and making up stories. According to the story, the transfer was made using a computer. Any web based application that allows monetary functions will capture IP address as security measures. The detectives rather than looking at her computer will contact bank and obtain IP address. From there on it will be determined which ISP holds the IP block and that ISP will know which physical location was assigned that specific IP address at that given time and date. Third, Hudson you are undermining the intelligence of a detective by stating have detective contact IRS. Do you think detectives are not trained to use the tools available at their disposable? Or are you really shedding reality that our Government is a big failure including law enforcement agencies as clearly depicted by ICE and USCIS who knowingly and willfully continuously allow fake VAWA affidavits. Oh but wait a minute am I preaching messiah of VAWA to come out of shadow and see the reality? I think so.

Leave a comment:

• Hudson
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">@ Hudson

Read a little further, where I said the bank would be the one bringing charges Roll Eyes If newyorkr has signed the affadavits at the bank that the transfer was not authorized, and records show that the money went into his sole account, then she should press the bank for return of her monies,. The bank will go after the husband via criminal charges . She has to be adamant and not waiver because they already think that she is part of the scam because of the passcode. In anyway, if she does not succeed here, she can always make a civil case against him in the courts. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    4now,
    It does not work that way. The bank does not bring charges against the the husband. From the OP statement, she said the detectives are looking into her computer of the possibility of spy ware. If this was the case, then we are talking about the use of the internet for the wire transfer or possibility of her estranged husband's ex wife portraying herself as the OP at the bank. In either case, the financial institution that sent the money is the innocent by standard. In their eyes, it was not their mistake if proper disclosure laws were met. Furthermore the receiving bank would need some legal document, not an affidavit, stipulating the money was illegally transferred into the bank account. In all likelihood, the OP's husband could be charged with wire fraud and/or money laundering. If the ex knew about this, then she could face charges as an accessory.

Another problem is where the OP's bank was located. If located in the U.S. then the bank would cooperate with any investigation. If not, then the problem get that more complicated. But here is the problem. If disclosure laws were met, then the bank considers it a proper transfer and now a sour grapes story between the OP and the estranged ex husband, not a scam.

@Newyorkr

If the money transfer was greater than $10000 or if either bank believed suspicious activity, there may be a chance to shed more light on the money transfer. Every bank is required to fill out a form called FinCEN 104 to report deposits, withdrawals, wire transfers, etc of monetary instruments greater than $10000 outside of specified business transactions. Have the detectives contact the Internal Revenue Service disclosure office, along with the proper forms, to request any and all FinCEN 104 forms with both your and your estranged husbands name. If under a criminal investigation, this can be done under IRC 6103 as a need to know. Also, fill out form 3949-A and describing your legal situation. Embezzlement is taxable under the Internal Revenue Code, ie the tax code. Criminal investigations of the IRS may look into this.

Leave a comment:

• newyorkr
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 4now:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by newyorkr:
    I moved out from the state where we used to live I am back in Ny. I may have made a mistake coz I filed a spousal support here. I dont want to go back to NC I have nothing there I am not from there here in NY I still have my apt which we had before I moved to NC.. I received the summons for spousal support he will get his this week I assume. If they throw it out then at least I made the inconvenience for him to travel here. I will file in NC when I go there for our next hearing for PO ( if they throw it out here) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He will not have to travel for the support hearing. He can do this by phone . All he has to do is request it.

You should have filed for spousal support in NC. He lives in NC, and so did you when the seperation occured. NC will be the enforcer of the order on him. AND YES, you should take the I-864 to your spousal support hearing as evidence that he signed an agreement with the federal govermnet to support you.

It is necessary for you to have the pOA agaisnt him enforced. You will need it for your case with immigration. and you will need to have his against you dismissed in court.

When is the assault case coming to trial. the DA has charged him with assualt correct?

@ Hudson

Read a little further, where I said the bank would be the one bringing charges If newyorkr has signed the affadavits at the bank that the transfer was not authorized, and records show that the money went into his sole account, then she should press the bank for return of her monies,. The bank will go after the husband via criminal charges . She has to be adamant and not waiver because they already think that she is part of the scam because of the passcode. In anyway, if she does not succeed here, she can always make a civil case against him in the courts. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The assault willbe heard on the same day dvpo will be heard 2 wks from now. Then spousal support will be the week after here in NY
    I dont have a copy of his signed I-864 he took all my documents at the house

Thank You so much for your support and advice ..

Leave a comment:

• newyorkr
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by damadedias:
    Oh you are so right.. The assault will be heard on the 18th In my heart I know I will win the case and hopefully his protective order will be thrown out. All this thats been happening is costing me a lot. The reason I asked in the beginning of this forum how to use the I-864. thank you so much for your reply. He took my life savings and I was so St**pd enough not to know he was seeing his ex I trusted him I am left with nothing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If your heart is pure, God will help you achieve justice to what happened to you. I am an Asian woman ,too, and I came here for a fiancee visa so I suffered also the stereotyping of SOME Americans that I come here for a GC and not for love. Like you, I came also from a well off family in Asia but I think that is UNBELIEVABLE for Americans to believe that there are also foreigner fiancees or spouses to marry American men. What they have in mind always is that, a foreigner woman who comes to the US is after only for GC and they are all from very poor family. I hope and pray that SOME Americans will also set some exemptions to those foreigner fiancees who come here in good intentions and come here for the sake to join their fiances /husbands whom they love.

If there are BAD foreigner fiancees/wives, there are also BAD American fiances /husbands.

May we be blessed with FAIR judgment for each other. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe God is with me... Thats all they think about GC thats just a process or piece of paper to be here legally.. I came her because of Love and wanted a life with my husband . I wanted my marriage to work .. I guess no matter how I tried It wont work because he would leave me as soon as hes done with me.. Its sad .. but I believe in Karma ..

Leave a comment:

• newyorkr
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 4now:
    The first mistake was keeping things separate to begin with.

Think about it. You were living in a place paid for by him. Going to school on his dime. Living off of him. Yet, wanted to keep 'your' money all to yourself. Seems to me you started the wedge yourself from the beginning. This is just the result of it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Davdah

what is wrong with you man.. This is an attack without the facts.

This was her home and her funds. It is up to her if she wishes to share. She chose not to.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, can you blame the husband for not wanting to share anymore either? Share or Un-share alike. With such a brief marriage and the fact he filed a restraining order, of course for no good reason!, there isn't much hope for anything. Seeing a doctor for suspiciously timed depression isn't going to help.

So she has to take menial job. So her lifestyle took a down turn. Well, so did a lot of people. Does that qualify all of us for prozac or zanax?

What she should do is leave him alone. He went back to his first wife with whom he has children I'm sure. Instead of trying to cause an intact family any more problems why not go home instead of trying to find ways to bleed him to death. If you want your money back. Well, figure out all the money he spent supporting you and bringing you here in the first place. If there is any difference then ask for that. That would be fair. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Blame? I lost all I had because he stole it. He scammed me and he had a game plan on me from day 1. I went to school to better our lives and make our lives comfortable remember the $ he stole from me was for a downpayment for supposedly "our"house but it was traced he paid off his ex wife house... Now youre saying to think about the money he spent? supporting me? I contributed. Big deal he took me here... It dont matter if we lived in Japan, Israel or London the point is he scammed me for everything I had and when He emptied my bank acct, He filed for DVPO aside from assualting me... ???

Leave a comment:

• 4now
    replied
    Not necessarily. Otherwise people with short term marriages could drag divorces out indefinitely to keep the money rolling in. Without any significant assets, seems as though there weren't it will be over quickly.

The duration of support is nearly always tied to time of marriage. In most states its at 50% of the time married up to the date of separation. And, since she is working that will be taken into account. There is no presumption that she can do nothing and sponge off him. She has already demonstrated an ability to be self sufficient. With that, don't expect much of anything. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Family law is not your strong point Dav. You seem to keep mixing spousal support with alimony. I have explained that they are not the same thing.

First of all, in order for spousal support to be awarded, the spouse must qualify based on the state guideline. If it is awarded based on medical, there is not much the paying spouse can do about it unless he takes it back to the court proving that a condition has changed. Otherwise that order will stay in effect until the divorce is final. the master can only go outside of the guidelines for things like brevity of marriage. he can adjust the award, but he cannot fix a time that such can be received. It will be up to the defendent to follow thru on divorce.

She will be getting a medical report from her doctor who I am sure will be prescribing medications for her depresssion and PTSD from the assault and the theft of her monies. She will be too devasted to continue working as her depression will get worse. She was brought here and fleeced by her spouse who cheated on her by adultery to pay off his ex house and live without mortgage. I see her having no problem getting spousal support if it is available to her . Not all states support spousal support.

It is not about sponging Davdah. It is having a chance to survive when the cards are dealt badly to one.

Leave a comment:

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation