X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing from CPR to F1 student visa

Hello everyone,

Here's my situation. I have been married to an American citizen for almost 3 years now. My lawyer recently mailed I-751 form to BCIS in TX on March 24th, which is 88 days before the expiration date. When I met myhusband we were in college and I had a F1 visa and applied to change my status to CPR after the marriage.

Our marriage started great but, over the years it has gone very sour. Alot of it has to do with our schools. After finishing undergraduate degree I went back to school for doctorate of pharmacy degree. My husband is still working toward on getting his fines arts degree. Over the years, we have grown up apart. I guess mostly it has to do with our different interests. He loves arts and I love science. He has no interest in what I do and what I like We hardly talk to each other nor eat together. Every night he sits on his computer and plays online games and does his own thing. We argued many times about our different personalities and interests and he agrees with me that it might be better for us to be not together and end this relationship. I'm getting so tired of the silent treatment and no affection from him.

I still have 2 more years of school and 1 year of rotation left to obtain my degree and I do not want to give up my school for anything. School is all I have here and I love what I do and I like to finish my degree. I'm just worried that I'll be deported while in school. From what I read from the forum is that I need to withdraw joint I-751 and file I-751 waver alone. If I-751 is denied am I still eligible to change my status to F1 student? or can I change my status to F1 from CPR now?

Please advise,

Thanks in advance,

Hello everyone,

Here's my situation. I have been married to an American citizen for almost 3 years now. My lawyer recently mailed I-751 form to BCIS in TX on March 24th, which is 88 days before the expiration date. When I met myhusband we were in college and I had a F1 visa and applied to change my status to CPR after the marriage.

Our marriage started great but, over the years it has gone very sour. Alot of it has to do with our schools. After finishing undergraduate degree I went back to school for doctorate of pharmacy degree. My husband is still working toward on getting his fines arts degree. Over the years, we have grown up apart. I guess mostly it has to do with our different interests. He loves arts and I love science. He has no interest in what I do and what I like We hardly talk to each other nor eat together. Every night he sits on his computer and plays online games and does his own thing. We argued many times about our different personalities and interests and he agrees with me that it might be better for us to be not together and end this relationship. I'm getting so tired of the silent treatment and no affection from him.

I still have 2 more years of school and 1 year of rotation left to obtain my degree and I do not want to give up my school for anything. School is all I have here and I love what I do and I like to finish my degree. I'm just worried that I'll be deported while in school. From what I read from the forum is that I need to withdraw joint I-751 and file I-751 waver alone. If I-751 is denied am I still eligible to change my status to F1 student? or can I change my status to F1 from CPR now?

Please advise,

Thanks in advance,

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs