Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• citizenship and voluntary departure??

I justgot mu passport stamped today and I should be getting the green card in the mail in a few weeks.

On the Citizenship application they told me to pick up it asks if you ever been arrested?

Since I've been caught by INS and got voluntary departure about 15 yrs ago, am I still going to be able to become a citizen whenever I can apply??

I justgot mu passport stamped today and I should be getting the green card in the mail in a few weeks.

On the Citizenship application they told me to pick up it asks if you ever been arrested?

Since I've been caught by INS and got voluntary departure about 15 yrs ago, am I still going to be able to become a citizen whenever I can apply??

Comment

That's an interesting question Mauka. I think you need to consult a lawyer or go to the devil itself and ask the USCIS. Just from what you said, I think that you will have a good chance to get citizenship because by the time you are eligiible, the offence would have been 20 years old but more importantly, I would assume that you had to declare this incident on your green card application and if yes I would be amazed if this issue never came up at your interview......did it?

Comment

yeah the issue came up at the interview but since it was so long ago I guess It didn't matter and I paid for my own ticket..after 5 years got approved today!!! YES!!!

I hope I can become US citizen!!

Comment

Yes. You will be allowed to Naturalized. There will not be any problem for departure 15years ago.
          Its a discussion, not a legal advise..

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed