Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-485 processing date at NBC

Recently I read that the AOS petition will be processed at the National Benefits Center in Missouri.

However, in the NBC's processing date bulletin the I-485 is not listed.

https://egov.immigration.gov/graphic...ocesstimes.jsp

Does anyone know why they aren't posting the I-485 processing date?

Thanks,

Mary.

Recently I read that the AOS petition will be processed at the National Benefits Center in Missouri.

However, in the NBC's processing date bulletin the I-485 is not listed.

https://egov.immigration.gov/graphic...ocesstimes.jsp

Does anyone know why they aren't posting the I-485 processing date?

Thanks,

Mary.

Comment

I would like to know that too.

Comment

From what i know NBC in missouri which is MSC as well from what i know. They don't have processing times for I-485 they only process I-130 I-765 and some other files. The District office handles the I-485 so i guess i would advice you to check the district office you fall in!

Comment

NBC is only doing the upfront processing for the I-485 (starting records checks, sending out receipt notices, scheduling fp, etc.) and then the files will be held until the District offices ask for them back. That's why there are no processing times for the I-485. You must look at the I-485 processing time for the District office having jurisdiction over your I-485.

Comment

I filed at the Ft. Smith office and was told the app would be sent to Chicago. Nothing was said about Missouri. Does Chicago have an office that does the same thing that NBC, Missouri does? I hope my file is not processed by Chicago. According to the timelines posted, Ft. Smith is working on apps filed about 6 months ago and Chcago is working on those filed 2 years ago.

Comment

I posted here about messing up on my 1-485 by sending it to nebraska (per the instructions on the form) instead of Indianapolis, I contacted my congressperson who contacted nebraska about the 1-485 (fiance now married) petition that I sent and they told me that if you send your file to Nebraska in error, they will send it to Missouri...odd, that they would send it there instead of my local office.

Comment

Parker, your application will be processed in your home state. The Chicago lockbox is the facility that gets the applications first. All they do is collect the fees generate the receipt and send the application package to Missouri for the rest of the processing. It is not the Chicago CIS office....different place.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation