•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pasha Patel
    replied
    Hi Gluhbirne ,

Thanks... I took all those vacations coz I am stuck now for next 3 yrs... cant really go anywhere with tension free mind....may be for rest of my life....lol.... I can get maximum 14 days vacation in a year and I got to visit my parents too next year....got to save those days for emergency... have a great day...Pasha

Leave a comment:

• Glühbirne
    replied
    Wow, Pasha. I wish I could afford to take vacations like that!!

Leave a comment:

• freedom2004
    replied
    Thank you so much for this information. I will use as a guide!

Leave a comment:

• Pasha Patel
    replied
    Hi sam007

Sorry for delay in reply....i am glad I read this post otherwise I wouldn't even notice you asked me for help....

It shouldn't be a problem even if you don't work as long as your wife sponsored you....

About rest of your post I would copy and paste one of my replies and visit another link also so you have idea what you should take for your AOS interview.... Wish you all the best... Pasha

thanks AK 500 and everyone...

well herewith i m writing what i did.... went to Staples .... got all stuff .... well of course couldnt find readymade so ...

I took ACCO fastners ... attached all documents with two-hole punch on top... got self-adhesive tabs and got readymade plasit stickers... slide into those tabs...and placed in a nice way on bottom .... bought little hard papers to put in between attachments for separation.......

once i did all of this... well i m gonna give here table so u can see it... very first page was my index paper...i took self-adhesive lamination kit.... and i typed that index paper ( very first) on thick greeting card paper and laminated that one....and put as very first page for reference... of course with 2 hole punch.... here is example of cover letter and index paper...i hope it might guide someone out there for good...thanks...Pasha

March 30, 2004
    USINS Texas Service Center
    P.O. BOX 850965 Mesquite,
    TX 75185-0965

RE: I-751 JOINT PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF STATUS ON CONDITIONAL GREEN CARD: (CR1 Immigrant VISA / Direct Counselor Filing)

Patel Pasha A# ***-***-***

Dear Immigration officer,

Enclosed please find a JOINT I-751 petition for removal of conditions of permanent resident status regarding my husband, Patel Pasha.

Please also find a check for $145, the fee for this form. My husband entered the US on a CR1 (Direct Counselor Filing). We are happily living together and request that this petition be accepted for removal of conditions on the residence of my husband Patel Pasha.
    Enclosed also please find the following documents to verify the status of our marriage and ongoing relationship:

. Copy of green card of my husband Pasha Patel and our social security cards.

· Copy of our passports

· Copy of our marriage certificate

· Copy of our drivers' license showing same address, YMCA membership cards as family

· Copy of the federal and state tax returns for 2002 and 2003

· Copy of health insurance coverage

· Copy of car insurance policy

· Copy of master cards showing a joint account.

· Copy of bank statements from august 2002 to march 2004 showing joint bank account in The ************ Bank

· Four original letters written and notarized by friends and family, attesting to our relationship and marriage.

· Copy of few greeting cards with good wishes and blessings on our marriage.

· Copy of invoice of Carnival Cruise Line we went to Bahamas and other copies of cards and boarding pass for that cruise, copy of passport showing visa and entry - exit stamps in Mauritius we spent vacation in January 2003. copy of hotel bill in Mauritius...

· Copy of itinerary for a vacation to Europe (Grand Europe Tour by SOTC) that we have planned in April 2004.

· Copy of different mails received by us at the same address.

· Copy of photographs together and with friends and family at various occasions like in India at my husband Pasha's place, New Delhi, Mauritius, Bahamas on cruise, cousin's wedding in Chicago, brother-in-law's wedding in India, our wedding and reception etc.

You may feel free to inquire at any of the sources of enclosed documentation for validity of their statements, and you are always welcome to visit our home should you ever desire to do so. Please advise me if you have any further questions or problems related to this petition.
    Sincerely,

***x Patel

----------------------------------------------

INDEX LETTER ( VERY FIRST PAGE)

I - 751 / Removal of conditions on PR

Applicant's Name:- Patel Pasha

INS A#:- ***-***-***

Social Security #:- ***-xx-***x

Index ...Contents
    Letter
    A..........Cover letter

B..........I - 751 application and 145$ check

C..........Copy of green card and our SSN cards

D..........Copy of our passports

E..........Copy of marriage certificate

F..........Copy of our Drivers' licenses and YMCA membership Cards as family.

G..........Copy of TAX returns (2002 / 2003)

H..........Copy of Health Insurance Policy

I..........Copy of Car Insurance Policy

J..........Copy of Bank / Credit card statements
    K..........Notarized letters from friends and family

L..........Greeting cards / Wishes on our wedding

M..........Mails received at same address

N..........Invoices / other documents (like entry-exit stamps in our passport) about vacations / trips together and travel itinerary of Grand Europe Tour we are going in May 2004

O..........Photographs of different occasions like at my husband's home in India, our wedding and reception, New Delhi trip, Mauritius, Bahamas on cruise, cousin's wedding in Chicago, brother-in-law's wedding in India etc.

LINK :- http://www.kamya.com/interview/aosint_1.html

Leave a comment:

• sup
    replied
    To obtain permanent residence through marriage you have to prove that your marriage is bona fide. On the financial angle of it your spouse is sponsoring you through an Affidavit of Support (I-864) so you being unemployed doesn't matter. Don't sweat it.

To your list also add the prove of a common household. Joint rent/mortgage etc...

Leave a comment:

• SAM007
    replied
    Please some one answer Myu question about job I asked earlier, SUP or Pasha please
    Also I have these things for interview

1)Utility Bill
    2)Car Insurance
    3)Photo's
    4)Joint accounts( saving and checking)
    5)We married in court But actual Maarige is in October(I have agreements like, church booking, DJ's agreement, Photographer's agreement, Cater's partial payment recipt)
    6)letters from our Counsler Priest

Thats all I Have, My marrige is real, we been married for 11 monthsm kbow each other for 4 years(no proof thou)

Any commmnets
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• SAM007
    replied
    Hi Guys

Thanks But I got My passport renews yesterday, Now One question about My job, since i am not working, is it a problem as well?

Leave a comment:

• Nick
    replied
    My Passport was expired when I went to the
    interview. Take two additional pictures with you to the interview, and they will give you a stamp on a letter with your picture on it, and it will last for one year. At least thats what there did for me.

Good luck

Leave a comment:

• booob
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Glühbirne
    replied
    B o o b , the screen name you have chosen for yourself is so fitting it's not even funny.

Leave a comment:

• booob
    replied
    Were you sleeping ? I wish you get deported.

Leave a comment:

• Glühbirne
    replied
    Nothing, it seems, is ever thier problem.

Leave a comment:

• BronzeLady
    replied
    4Now is absolutely right. Go to the interview!!!! Never, ever, ever miss an interview for such a stupid reason. In the first place, your case could be denied because that is not a valid request for rescheduling and in the second place, however long it took to get the first appointment it could take that and longer to get a second. One thing, if you don't have a valid passport and they approve your case you will just have to wait for the card in the mail. Most local offices will not put a stamp in your passport once you get a valid passport. If it's not done on the day they are ready to stamp it then it's not their problem if you want a stamp at some point down the road.

Leave a comment:

• 4now
    replied
    Hi Sam007

Do as Pasha told you. try to get passport back in time for interview.

If you cannot get passport back in time.. DO NOT reschedule your long awaited interview! It may be many months before it comes up again, delaying the greencard process. Go to your interview and complete that process. When your passport comes back you can then take it to the local office to be stamped. no big deal.

Leave a comment:

• Pasha Patel
    replied
    Hi sam007,

They wont put stamp on expired passport... u should have been more careful when your big day is about to come... well inquire at your embassy if they have rush procedure ... like our embassy does ...they give us passport in 24 hrs ... same day ...but they charge little extra for that and you have to go there in person.... I hope embassy of your country might have those kinda services ... good luck... if not then you can reschedule your upcoming interview... have a great day... PAsha

Leave a comment:

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation