Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can a mex consulate card get u in the military?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JF2007
    replied
    I would not do that, expose yourself being unducumented, you might be arrested and sent to deportation proceedings, and when ICE gets hold of you, be prepared.

Leave a comment:

• Freedom1
    replied
    Hi Alejandra,

I heard on National Public Radio some months ago about undocumented aliens being able to join the military.
    The reporter was interviewing a high-ranking military person.
    The officer said that as long as the country was on a declared war, the military could enlist people without proper documentation. The officer said that President Bush did declared war, but some enlistment offices don't know they can do this.
    The officer said that if a person was turned away for lacking the proper papers, to request the officer to check with their supervisors about these provisions.

Your boyfriend should at least place some phone calls to the recruitment offices.

I hope this info helps.

Freedom1.

Leave a comment:

• Hudson
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by moondin:
    Not only that - u have to pass the ASVAB. Which is like a high school exam. It's pretty complex if you barely speak english, never went to high school here and know little about complex math. You'd fail miserably.

and don't even think about showing a fake gc. You'd be detained on the spot and fbi would get involved since u tried to enter the military with it. Esp after 9/11. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Army does have the lowest score, 31, compared to either the Air Force and Coast Guard, 36. However, even imbeciles can past the basic requirements, so not being fluent in English is not going to be a problem.

On the other hand, certain military recruiters do look the other way, such as fudge the scores or do not get all the paperwork, in order to meet those quotas. This has been rare, but it still happens.

Leave a comment:

• Hudson
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SunDevilUSA:
    In order to be a member of the American military, a person must either be an American citizen or a permanent resident. Illegal aliens cannot join the military (those with consular cards are, by definition, illegal).

Illegal aliens are, however, required to register with the Selective Service Administration if they meet the requirements to do so.

While I respect someone's desire to be a member of America's military, I think that it's also important to show respect for the laws of the United States. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Having a Mexican counselor card does not make anyone automatically an illegal. It may suggest that the OP is not a permanent resident. Of course, it shows you do not have two ounces of brain in that cranial cavity of yours.

Leave a comment:

• Theone
    replied
    Wy assume US Military, Mexican Military should not be a problem.

Apparently there are quite a few illegals in the US Military.

Jobs Americans will not do.

Leave a comment:

• moondin
    replied
    Not only that - u have to pass the ASVAB. Which is like a high school exam. It's pretty complex if you barely speak english, never went to high school here and know little about complex math. You'd fail miserably.

and don't even think about showing a fake gc. You'd be detained on the spot and fbi would get involved since u tried to enter the military with it. Esp after 9/11.

Leave a comment:

• ProudUSC
    replied
    I found this article on the Internet that should answer your question.

http://www.usmilitary.about.com

Citizenship
    While there is a statutory requirement that only a United States Citizen may become a commissioned officer, this is not true for enlistment. Certain non-citizens can enlist in the United States Armed Forces. To be eligible to enlist, a non-citizen must:
    (1) Entered the United States on a permanent residence visa or has an Alien Registration Receipt Card (INS Form 1-551/I-551 greencard or stamped I-94), and
    (2) Established a bona fide residence, and
    (3) Established a home of record in the United States.
    The visa and/or "greencard" must have sufficient time remaining on it (expiration date) to be valid during the entire term on enlistment. While non-citizens may enlist in the U.S. Military, they are not allowed to reenlist (stay in beyond their first term of service), unless they first become U.S.
    Citizens. However, there are accelerated citizenship procedures for non-citizens on active duty. For details, see our article, U.S. Citizenship in the Military.
    I get lots of email from non-U.S. citizens, who do not live in the U.S., asking how they can join the U.S. Military. Quite simply, you can't. In order to join any branch of the United States Military, one must either be a U.S. Citizen, or one must be a legal immigrant, currently living in the United States, with a "green card." The United States Military cannot and will not assist in the immigration process. In order to join the U.S. Military, one must legally immigrate first, and then apply to join the military, once they are living in the U.S.
    For enlistment purposes, citizens of the United States include citizens of: Guam, Puerto Rico, The U.S. Virgin Islands,The Northern Marianas Islands, American Samoa, The Federated States of Micronesia, and The Republic of the Marshall Islands.
    Not all non-citizens may be eligible to enlist. Applicants who have been residents of countries considered hostile to the interests of the United States require a waiver. See your local recruiter for the most current list of countries considered hostile to the interests of the United States.
    While non-citizens may enlist, they will find their job choices extremely limited. DOD policy prohibits granting security clearances to non-U.S. Citizens. Therefore, non-Citizens. who enlist in the United States military will be limited to those jobs which do not require a security clearance.

Leave a comment:

• SunDevilUSA
    replied
    In order to be a member of the American military, a person must either be an American citizen or a permanent resident. Illegal aliens cannot join the military (those with consular cards are, by definition, illegal).

Illegal aliens are, however, required to register with the Selective Service Administration if they meet the requirements to do so.

While I respect someone's desire to be a member of America's military, I think that it's also important to show respect for the laws of the United States.

Leave a comment:

• alejandra
    replied
    can a person holding a mexican consulate card join the military??what do they need to do and what are their chances??

Leave a comment:

• alejandra
    started a topic can a mex consulate card get u in the military?

can a mex consulate card get u in the military?

can a person holding a mexican consulate card join the military??what do they need to do and what are their chances??
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation

Attorney2Attorney