X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rough Neighbor
    replied
    Just a minute, if you meant "alien" instead of immigrant, you can use I-130, I-485 (with G-325 & I-864), and I-765... all to be filed concurrently. These forms are downloadable from uscis.gov website. You can either seek professional help or you can do it yourself, very easy. Each form has instruction page(s). The alien spouse can receive his/her EAD(work permit) after around three months from filing date; while the green card interview could happen somewhere around four, five, to eight months. The Form I-751, that you mentioned, is to be utilized to remove the conditional status of the alien spouse (if marriage is less than two years old) three months before the second anniversary of the "conditional green card."

Leave a comment:

• Rough Neighbor
    replied
    If a USC is marrying an LPR (immigrant), nothing should be done by either party... the immigrant just has to wait for his/her eligibility timeline to file Form N-400 (Application for Naturalization).

Leave a comment:

• mp2006
    replied
    hello all, this is probably a simple question to many of you, i simply wanted to know what are the specific forms that need to be filed in the case of a US citizen marrying an immigrant? is it the i130 i751??? any help appreciated- also i would like to know if anyone else is jan/feb filers. it would be interesting to compare results and have people going through the same things!!!!! thanks for your help in advance!

Leave a comment:

• mp2006
    started a topic simple question- marriage

simple question- marriage

hello all, this is probably a simple question to many of you, i simply wanted to know what are the specific forms that need to be filed in the case of a US citizen marrying an immigrant? is it the i130 i751??? any help appreciated- also i would like to know if anyone else is jan/feb filers. it would be interesting to compare results and have people going through the same things!!!!! thanks for your help in advance!
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation

Attorney2Attorney