Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marriage Advice

Vietnamese citizen here in US on an F1 visa. She plans to apply for an OPT or get an H1 visa so she can work following her graduation in May 2005.

Vietnamese citizen here in US on an F1 visa. She plans to apply for an OPT or get an H1 visa so she can work following her graduation in May 2005.

Comment

Its easier to just marry her here in the USA and adjust her status that way.
      She will be your wife, will be able to study still, will be able to travel and you can be together.

Comment

You may submit simultaneously with your petition/application (I-130 and I-485) an application for advance parole (I-131) that will give her permission to leave the country. She would have to state the reason in the application for advance parole of why she needs to return to Vietnam. Leaving without this advance parole could be viewed as an abandonment of her adjustment of status application.

Caution: The Advance Parole is not guaranteed admission BACK into the U.S. As with all entrants, she will be subject to inspection at the POE.

Comment

You do not need to state a reason of why she wants to go where on advance parole.

Comment

Part 4 says "Purpose of Travel. List the purpose of your trip. List countries you intend to travel."

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation