X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Card Process

Hi all,

I have been in the US for about 6 years legally. I went to grad school & then got a job that sponsored me. i changed jobs about 3 years ago. My current employer has started filing for my green card under the PERM system however during the labor certification when they "test" the market they received resumes for qualified candidates. I have to wait 6 months to retest the market. My h1b will expire in a year. I have heard one can file for oneself if they have been on their h1 for awhile .Is this true. Are there any other options out there?

Thanks

Hi all,

I have been in the US for about 6 years legally. I went to grad school & then got a job that sponsored me. i changed jobs about 3 years ago. My current employer has started filing for my green card under the PERM system however during the labor certification when they "test" the market they received resumes for qualified candidates. I have to wait 6 months to retest the market. My h1b will expire in a year. I have heard one can file for oneself if they have been on their h1 for awhile .Is this true. Are there any other options out there?

Thanks

Comment

Never heard one can sponsor oneself for H1-B. EB-1 applicants can skip the LC process, and there's also LC based on 245(i), but thats have nothing to do with H1-B. There're also employment categories that are exempted from H-1B quota, but nothing about sponsoring yourself.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation