Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW ORLEANS PASSPORT AGENCY

For those who applied for Passport and their applications were sent to New Orleans Passport Agency.

My experience for submitting US Passport Application which was sent to New Orleans Passport Agency.

I applied on 08/01/05 for Passport and my application was sent to New Orleans Passport Agency. After its shut down due to Hurricane Katria, I contacted National Passport Center and was advised to re-apply as the above agency is closed until further notice.

I re-applied on 09/10/05 and received Passport on 09/15/05 (no fee were charged this time). However, my Naturalization Certificate is still stuck in New Orleans Office.

If some one is in similar situation, should re-apply for Passport and worrey about Naturalization Certificate later till the State Department is able to get the record from New Orleans Passport Agency. If documents are safe in New Orleans, you will get your them back, if not, you might end up re-applying for Naturalization Certificate from BCIS. It is not clear yet to the State Department how this will be handled. Citizens (not resident of New Orleans area) who lost their Naturalization Certificates and have been destoryed will have to pay $210 to BCIS or there will be a waiver of fee. It will be determined late.

For those who applied for Passport and their applications were sent to New Orleans Passport Agency.

My experience for submitting US Passport Application which was sent to New Orleans Passport Agency.

I applied on 08/01/05 for Passport and my application was sent to New Orleans Passport Agency. After its shut down due to Hurricane Katria, I contacted National Passport Center and was advised to re-apply as the above agency is closed until further notice.

I re-applied on 09/10/05 and received Passport on 09/15/05 (no fee were charged this time). However, my Naturalization Certificate is still stuck in New Orleans Office.

If some one is in similar situation, should re-apply for Passport and worrey about Naturalization Certificate later till the State Department is able to get the record from New Orleans Passport Agency. If documents are safe in New Orleans, you will get your them back, if not, you might end up re-applying for Naturalization Certificate from BCIS. It is not clear yet to the State Department how this will be handled. Citizens (not resident of New Orleans area) who lost their Naturalization Certificates and have been destoryed will have to pay $210 to BCIS or there will be a waiver of fee. It will be determined late.

Comment

I FINALLY RECEIVED ON 09/21/05 MY US PASSPORT AND NATURALIZATION CERTIFICATE WHICH WERE STUCK IN NEW ORLEANS PASSPORT AGENCY. BOTH NEAT AND CLEAN AND NO SIGN OF HURRICAN KATRINA. IT MEANS THAT STATE DEPARTMENT REMOVED THE RECORD FROM THIS AGENCY SECURLY.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation