Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• when, who and how to file?

My husband (who is a non-citizen) needs to get his "paperwork" established. I'm a US citizen. I've been told by some attorneys and friends who have gone through similar situations that we should wait until next year or when the work program law passes to initiate the process, but that's taking forever. Of course, attorneys want our business in going through the forms and it can get pricey (which we're preparing ourselves for that), but how do we even start? Is it "safe" to file the forms and go through the process on our own? When would be the time to start? How do we file?

My husband (who is a non-citizen) needs to get his "paperwork" established. I'm a US citizen. I've been told by some attorneys and friends who have gone through similar situations that we should wait until next year or when the work program law passes to initiate the process, but that's taking forever. Of course, attorneys want our business in going through the forms and it can get pricey (which we're preparing ourselves for that), but how do we even start? Is it "safe" to file the forms and go through the process on our own? When would be the time to start? How do we file?

Comment

You didn't say wich is your situation !?!If your husband came in US legally, with a valid visa and passed the inspection and overstayed his visa you can file the petition any time, you'll have no problems, but if he entered illegaly you will have no chance and maybe is more advisable to wait for the "immigration project" to became law, but that will take some time.
      You can find legal help at vizeusa@yahoo.com

www.USImmigrationForAll.com
      Frank G. Becker & Associates
      www.USImmigrationForAll.com

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Forvisas:
        but if he entered illegaly you will have no chance chance and maybe is more advisable to wait for the "immigration project" to became law, but that will take some time... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why do you say so? Many people went through the process of getting immigrant visa (and later GC) athough they first entered the US without inspection. Yes, it is not simple and takes some time... but it is not like there is no chance.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation