Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help important I-864 question

My son is a us citizen and he has submitted the I130 form already for myself and my wife (his step-mom). We are now ready to submit the I864 form however my son's mother (my ex-wife) has intercepted and is not allowing him to complete this form. My question is can my half-sister continue the process of filling out the I864 as Sponsor even though she wasn't the one who petitioned on my behalf? Also we have assets and can prove that we are self-sufficient and will not be a public charge. Pls advise!

My son is a us citizen and he has submitted the I130 form already for myself and my wife (his step-mom). We are now ready to submit the I864 form however my son's mother (my ex-wife) has intercepted and is not allowing him to complete this form. My question is can my half-sister continue the process of filling out the I864 as Sponsor even though she wasn't the one who petitioned on my behalf? Also we have assets and can prove that we are self-sufficient and will not be a public charge. Pls advise!

Comment

Since your son is the petitioner he will have to complete I-864, In case if he is unable to meet the guide line of the uscis. then uscis will ask for cosponcer, but at the same time you can also file the I-864 to proof that you have sufficient funds to meet the requirements of the law in the United States.
      You can list all your funds as well as your assets in the I-864.
      This should be OK, let see what others have to say in this regards.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation