Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• biometrics after greencard received?

Hi.... A friend of mine had her interview on August 10th and it didn't go well but she received her conditional greencard on the mail. Today, she has received a letter from USCIS asking her to have her biometrics made again on November.... isn't it unusual? any comments? This is in the Atlanta office......

Note: my interview was on the same month and I got my permanent greencard ..... Will I expect to receive a letter from USCIS too? my interview was OK....

Hi.... A friend of mine had her interview on August 10th and it didn't go well but she received her conditional greencard on the mail. Today, she has received a letter from USCIS asking her to have her biometrics made again on November.... isn't it unusual? any comments? This is in the Atlanta office......

Note: my interview was on the same month and I got my permanent greencard ..... Will I expect to receive a letter from USCIS too? my interview was OK....

Comment

We had our interview on Aug. 3rd in Atlanta. My wife was approved for conditional greencard and her passport was stamped. On Saturday Aug. 6th we received a letter to go to a biometrics appointment on Aug. 11th. On Aug. 11th we went to the appointment which was only for fingerprints (no picture). When we arrived home that day from that appointment her greencard was in the mail. Obviously her appointment had nothing to do with her acquiring her card because it was already in the mail when we were at the appointment. I'm not sure if this was a screw up or not. All I know is we got the card so all is well.

Comment

Thank you for your response... She had her fingerprints made after the interview, maybe they didn't capture her biometrics.. the weird thing is that they are asking her to go to a different place where the fingerprints and biometrics are usually taken.
        Her appointment is for November.... do you think that she will have any problems leaving the country, she received her the green card but this may change the scenario.. maybe she will have to wait until she is cleared from the FBI....

Comment

I don't think it will because we were told at the interview when they stamped my wife's passport, that she was free to travel.

Comment

System is OK it has nothing to do with working of the uscis.
            It depend upon the persons, what he knows about the Immigration Laws and process.
            No. 1) is fingerprints.
            No. 2) Interview, if approved stamped the passport
            same time it takes only few minutes to stamp
            the passports.
            No. 3) Within 6 to 8 weeks time you should get your Green Card or I-551.
            Once you have a stamped in your passport you can travel outside the US.

Comment

Hi!
              My AOS interview was last Aug 2, 2005 (Atlanta). I also received a notice to have new fingeprints & biometrics (for Aug 11). We took the notice at the interview. Interview went well. The BCIS officer issued a new fingerprint & biometrics notice so I can have them done the same day (Aug 2) instead of Aug 11.
              BCIS website says that my fingeprint results have been submitted to BCIS on Aug 10. As of now, we have not received any mail from BCIS. We're still waiting....

Comment

Hi,

Had my interview for i485 adjustment on August 23rd. At the end of the interview, the officer didnt reach a decision, and asked us to submit further proof. This we did two days later. Today, we recieved a letter in the mail dated October 5, that I should have my biomatrics taken on Oct 5th.
                at

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed