can illegal immigrant sue?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well he works in construction. hes already consulted an attorney and they wouldnt take his case b/c he is illegal. so, i tell him he should just keep working and keep his mouth shut. I mean, they are paying for all the medical bills they are paying him his forty hours a week eventhough hes only working like 30. so he has a pretty good deal. He almost cut off his thumb, he cut his tendon and he cant lift it, so they have him doing light duty work. but I ask him you know what more do you want? I think more harm than good can come out of him suing. so I tell him to just let it go unless he is prepared to face the monster of immigration b/c i am soooo sure the way things are right now hes bound to have problems with immigartion if he sues.

Comment

Sounds like the company is doing the right thing for him - I agree with you, Engaged. He should not stir the pot by filing a lawsuit since he is receiving more than fair treatment from the employer.

Comment

Would somebody please tell me HOW people are able to get false papers, socials, etc. ?? I can understand the false name...i.e., changing middle to first, etc., but I just don't get HOW it's so easily done. Yes, I know money talks ~ I'm curious to know how it is done.??
        God Bless America ! Love IT ....or LEAVE it !

Comment

Anyone in US can sue anyone - and I mean anyone.
          All you need to do is fill out forms, pay the court clerk, serve papers to the party you want to sue , make sure your case has merits/legal backing and that you have enough evidence to sustain it throughout.

In general, if it was minor accident on construction site or somewhere else and if employer was/is genuinely supportive of the employee then , all other circumstances notwithstanding, bringing a suit would not be justified from ethical point of view (not to confuse with legal) - that's my personal opinion, you are free to disagree.

On the other hand, if major accident happened, particularly if it was due to wilful and malicious negligence of employer who post-factum danced around and mocked you and threatened to deport you if you sued him - then by all means go ahead and sue.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Got_Faith:
            Would somebody please tell me HOW people are able to get false papers, socials, etc. ?? I can understand the false name...i.e., changing middle to first, etc., but I just don't get HOW it's so easily done. Yes, I know money talks ~ I'm curious to know how it is done.?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
            Because the social security card is easy to fake and can be easily distributied without SS knowing immideately the number does not belong to someone. Plus, there are many more poeo;e who are legal or USC who mismatch the name to the Social Security number. Those that do this either do not inform Social Security of the name change, like a divorce or marriage, or they change the name to hide from financial allotments such as child support or student loans.
            "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hudson:
              <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Got_Faith:
              Would somebody please tell me HOW people are able to get false papers, socials, etc. ?? I can understand the false name...i.e., changing middle to first, etc., but I just don't get HOW it's so easily done. Yes, I know money talks ~ I'm curious to know how it is done.?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
              Because the social security card is easy to fake and can be easily distributied without SS knowing immideately the number does not belong to someone. Plus, there are many more poeo;e who are legal or USC who mismatch the name to the Social Security number. Those that do this either do not inform Social Security of the name change, like a divorce or marriage, or they change the name to hide from financial allotments such as child support or student loans. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Hudson ~ That makes sense ~ about the SS card...It just amazes me that people can make changes SO easily...and not get caught! But what about driver's licenses? For the most part, I've always thought applicants MUST bring in their birth certificate + another form of I.D. (both originals, I would guess). Then too, if you look at most driver's licenses, they're usually covered with a special plastic which usually has special markings which can't easily be duplicated. Then again...these days, I guess anything is possible! Can people get fake licenses on the streets as well ?

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
                Yes, when you were under 21 didn't you have any friends who had a fake ID? If a kid can get them to go into a bar, what could someone with more sophistication do. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ahhh yes, Davdah...I remember. However in my day, all licenses were paper, and it was easier to alter. lol... Now-a-days, they're a lot more fancy ~ laminated covers & special markings.

AND, I guess for a price...anything is possible!

Comment

Different States have different regulations. In some States you still don't need to submit a proof of your legal status to get a DL.

Under REAL ID Act all States must follow a uniform guideline and not issue DL to anyone unless certain strict requirements are met (like 6 point ID check in NJ).

Some States are still reluctant to implement those changes (even by the deadline imposed by RID Act) ,and as long as they don't comply there will be people in legal possession of DLs who are otherwise illegally present in US.

Comment

I work with ilegal aliens and I have seen their fake documents. They explained me how they get them. There are two kinds of fake papers: the totally fake (that are not in the system) and the ones that belong to someone else.

The totally fake cost about 40 dollars. They simply print a social security card with any number and any name you want (they probably scan a real card and then alter it on a computer and print it). They also do it with Mexican driver's licenses and other documents. More expensive are the fake US driver licenses or green cards since they are made of hard plastic.

The ones that belong to someone else cost about 1,000 or more depending on how many documents and their service. The "facilitator" gives you a real birth certificate and social security card. With that, the ilegal gets a "real" driver license with that name and his/her picture (usually the facilitator goes with you to the DMV office and helps you with the process).

Ilegals who work for big companies need the second kind of documents since those companies usually ask for the papers and run them in their system (the name and number on the SS card have to match). The thing is, ilegals have to say the are US citizens so no more documentation is asked. If they say they are aliens, they will have to show a green card or a work permit and fill out a form that would be sent to DHS for verification (cant remember the number I have filled it before).

Most business do know that their employees are ilegals but if they provide documentation their butts are protected. I know of cases in which the same person has worked under different names for the same company (under the same supervisor!). Or the same name has been used by different people. This happens all the time.

Comment

"Fake papers" (be it DL, EAD, GC or BC) do indeed protect the bottom line of the Employer, but they do so at the cost of having exactly opposite effect on the Employee/bearer of the same.

Whoever feels comfortable with the idea of volunteering up to five years of free labor in Federal or State penitentiary system - go ahead, buy all those fake papers and start working "legitimate" jobs.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cayita:
                        The totally fake cost about 40 dollars. They simply print a social security card with any number and any name you want (they probably scan a real card and then alter it on a computer and print it). They also do it with Mexican driver's licenses and other documents. More expensive are the fake US driver licenses or green cards since they are made of hard plastic.

The ones that belong to someone else cost about 1,000 or more depending on how many documents and their service. The "facilitator" gives you a real birth certificate and social security card. With that, the ilegal gets a "real" driver license with that name and his/her picture (usually the facilitator goes with you to the DMV office and helps you with the process). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

See this just blows my mind ! It makes sense, what you're saying ... and I know that it's done (by many)...I just can't believe SO many people get away with it! I wouldn't even know the first step to take to TRY to get illegal papers!! And as far as the SS cards go, I know I get an annually benefit summary from SSA which tells me what my 'anticipated retirement benefits' will be when I retire. So if someone was using my number (and name??) I would find out about it. You'd think that others would too. ? Guess it's just a small part of Identity Fraud...

As quoted by RationalE
                        <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">"Fake papers" (be it DL, EAD, GC or BC) do indeed protect the bottom line of the Employer, but they do so at the cost of having exactly opposite effect on the Employee/bearer of the same.

Whoever feels comfortable with the idea of volunteering up to five years of free labor in Federal or State penitentiary system - go ahead, buy all those fake papers and start working "legitimate" jobs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

YUP...I understand the concerns of the employers ~ AND I agree with you wholeheartedly about the State Penn! That's right where they belong!

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">That's right where they belong! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No question about it.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed