• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jake01
    replied
    Dear Houston,

Please can you tell us what are the rules of eligibility in Layman's terms,

Under a different thread you sent me a website to look at:
    http://www.uscis.gov/propub/template.htm?view=document&...all&hash=0-0-0-15643

for me and perhaps others, this is very confusing.

Leave a comment:

• RationalE
    replied
    Take it easy, Houston

Leave a comment:

• Houston
    replied
    All I know is that the information propagated by the myth is FALSE and COMPLETELY UNFOUNDED.

Again, there's NO "new rule" affecting the eligibility of overstayed immediate relatives to adjust, NONE!

Leave a comment:

• RationalE
    replied
    Yet another..

Leave a comment:

• Houston
    replied
    I remember a post here that mentioned some "new regulation" on adjustment of status and how, after July 30th or so, overstayed immediate relatives of USC wouldn't be eligible to adjust. Surprisingly, I found a few related posts when browsing through other message boards.

Now, I don't know who is propagating the myth, but there's absolutely NO new regulation affecting the eligibility of overstayed immediate relatives to adjust. INA and CFR remain unaltered, and eligibility hasn't changed. Congress hasn't passed any new rules affecting eligibility.

I don't know who's doing this or for what reason, but this is nothing but yet another "misinformation campaign" targeted at aliens and their USC relatives.

Leave a comment:

• Houston
    started a topic Be Careful: New AOS Myth

Be Careful: New AOS Myth

I remember a post here that mentioned some "new regulation" on adjustment of status and how, after July 30th or so, overstayed immediate relatives of USC wouldn't be eligible to adjust. Surprisingly, I found a few related posts when browsing through other message boards.

Now, I don't know who is propagating the myth, but there's absolutely NO new regulation affecting the eligibility of overstayed immediate relatives to adjust. INA and CFR remain unaltered, and eligibility hasn't changed. Congress hasn't passed any new rules affecting eligibility.

I don't know who's doing this or for what reason, but this is nothing but yet another "misinformation campaign" targeted at aliens and their USC relatives.
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation

Attorney2Attorney