Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

pending Immigrant visa processing, gets married!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• infomatter
    replied
    You can possibly change your marital status and possibly bring your husband tothe U.S. Call this number in the United Stated 800-357-2099. This is the Business Liaison telephone number that could probably answer your questions or concerns.

Leave a comment:

• Epiclaughter
    replied
    It's freaking epidemic, I tell you!

Leave a comment:

• jbevs
    replied
    if you know anything in relation to my case, please let me know.i need help.

To: SUP

thank you for your reply. Do you mean to say that it is much better to withdraw it and then re-file after we get married?

Leave a comment:

• Epiclaughter
    replied
    ANOTHER FRAUDSTER WANTS TO BEAT THE SYSTEM!!!

Leave a comment:

• marmaduk
    replied
    I thought as long as the I-485 hasn't been approved, they can append spouse/children's I-485 to the primary applicant's ?

Leave a comment:

• sup
    replied
    It's too late now. If you got married while you I-140 was still pending and informed the Service Center about that fact your hubby might've had a chance for permanent residence as your spouse. Now you can only file for his green card after becoming an LPR. It will take years before a visa number will be available to him from the State Department. After you file an I-130 for him it'll take about 4.5 years for a visa become available. He'll be in Family Second A (F2A) preference category.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bu...etin_2111.html

On the other hand you'll have to wait for 5 years before you are eligible for citizenship.

Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• jbevs
    started a topic pending Immigrant visa processing, gets married!

pending Immigrant visa processing, gets married!

I am a nurse from the Philippines. My immigrant visa processing is now pending. my I-140 has been approved and i already got my fee bill.Now, i am about to get married in the next few months. Can my husband be able to go with me in the US? Do we need to continue with the process or withdraw my I-140 and re-file it after we get married? In my I-140,my status was single.Is getting married before the processing of my DS230 a risk? please reply to the matter. I need help. Thank you!
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation

Attorney2Attorney