Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I-130 Approved with DORA (90-day pilot program)...now what?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-130 Approved with DORA (90-day pilot program)...now what?

I've applied for adjustment of status through marriage to a US Citizen with the 90-day DORA (District Office Rapid Adjustment) program, in which you have the interview the same day you submit your paperwork.
    I submitted my i-485 and the i-130 with my wife, we had our interview and we were approved. About 5 weeks later i went for my fingerprint appointment. And just yesterday i checked my status online and it mentioned that the I-130 petition has been approved.

The catch is that only the three participating USCIS offices taking part in the DORA program know the procedure. While if you call the 1-800 number, they don't really know much.

My question is; How long usually does it take for the i-485 application to get approved after the i-130 is approved?
    "A candle loses absolutely nothing by lighting another candle"

I've applied for adjustment of status through marriage to a US Citizen with the 90-day DORA (District Office Rapid Adjustment) program, in which you have the interview the same day you submit your paperwork.
    I submitted my i-485 and the i-130 with my wife, we had our interview and we were approved. About 5 weeks later i went for my fingerprint appointment. And just yesterday i checked my status online and it mentioned that the I-130 petition has been approved.

The catch is that only the three participating USCIS offices taking part in the DORA program know the procedure. While if you call the 1-800 number, they don't really know much.

My question is; How long usually does it take for the i-485 application to get approved after the i-130 is approved?

Comment

D.O.R.A pilot program explains very clearly that all the process takes 90 days. They do their best to reach the deadline. But it might take a little longer. The I-130 is approved,but this does not mean you get the green card now. When I-485 is approved then they will send you the green card. If you did not apply for work permit that day you had the interview, you may file after 90 days , in case you do not get the green card in 90 days. I had a cousin who had it one month later after days. You have to wait till you reach 90 days. Nothing you can do now, just be patient and wait

Comment

The 90 days had already passed!! and they sent letter in the mail that they will not be able to procss it within 90 days. However, they mentioned at the beginning that certain things that could take lnger (such as the name check, for example) are notin their hands.

It took around 3 months to process and approve the i-130. Does the approval of i-130 give an indication as to how long afterwards will it take for the i-485 to be approved?

Comment

hello there! - have you heard anything about the dora cases yet- any luck with your case

Comment

Why do you care how long? If it takes 40 days or 400 days, the end result is the same. So quit complaining.

Comment

Federale86 - You're right. Now that I'm looking at things, it didnt really matter how long. But i guess its the anxiety that results from the waiting game.

Fac-89: My i-485 was approved exactly 1 year after i applied. Hang in there, God Willing you'll get what you're waiting for.

Comment

<span class="ev_code_BLUE"> I people on here are going to give smart *** remarks, then go to a chat room where other ***"s are! This is for immigration purposes and if you have no nice or right answer don't answer at all!</span>

Comment

I do not know about DORA program, but I applied for my wife I-130 and I-485 here in New York City and the green card production was ordered in exactly 112 days. Not bad considering 90 days for DORA. This is as good a DORA, I guess. It seems all offices are on Rapid Adjustment Program, provided your security checks go fine. We even did not wait for the finger print day, but appeared the next day we received FP notice, just walked in. That saved about 11 days.
                  Mr. S MALI AOS marriage to usc 1/02 divorce usc 7/04 i-751 aprv 9/04 remarry 3/06 n-400 10/06 wife enter on f-1 5/07 nta 5/07 751 waiver 6/07 removal terminated 11/07 2nd n-400 12/07 gc revoked 1/08 natz interv 8/08 natz denied 9/08 n-336 denied 10/0

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation