Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Obtaining a work visa, emergency question!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obtaining a work visa, emergency question!

Dear Members:
    I do ask for some opinions on how to proceed about. I am a dental hygienist. I work in West Coast, in a part of the country where they are hard to come by. I received my bachelor's degree in Dental Hygiene. Right now I am working under student optional training. It is good for a year. I contacted a lawyer to get help on obtaining a work visa after optional training. I was told that because some schools offer associate's degree for Dental Hygiene I wouldn't be able to get a working visa though I have a bachelor's degree in Dental Hygiene. I am stressing out about this as time is running out(4 months left) and I would greatly appreciate any tips on how to proceede from here, (or what other working visa can I apply for other than H1-B.)
    Thank you a great deal.

Dear Members:
    I do ask for some opinions on how to proceed about. I am a dental hygienist. I work in West Coast, in a part of the country where they are hard to come by. I received my bachelor's degree in Dental Hygiene. Right now I am working under student optional training. It is good for a year. I contacted a lawyer to get help on obtaining a work visa after optional training. I was told that because some schools offer associate's degree for Dental Hygiene I wouldn't be able to get a working visa though I have a bachelor's degree in Dental Hygiene. I am stressing out about this as time is running out(4 months left) and I would greatly appreciate any tips on how to proceede from here, (or what other working visa can I apply for other than H1-B.)
    Thank you a great deal.

Comment

so you want to compete with the americans for a job.

That's nice. Well if you can find a employer who wants to hire you over an american, and sponsor you -- go ahead.

or "marry" someone like freakin' everyone and their mother does.

if not. Guess you gotta go back. Your country needs american trained dental hygenists you know!

-= nav =-

Comment

well i dont know much abt it...but i heard from friends, there r some agencies that help u get job with some conditions... if i find that ... will post it here for u...

Comment

Dental Hygiene meaning those Hygienist that assist Dentist right? Not the actual Dentist themselves?
          Like Pasha said, search for job offering (monster.com or hotjobs.com will be a good place). I think you'll have better chance landing employment with big hospitals. Doubt those small clinics/private practice even know how to sponsor via work visa.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation