Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-130 Approval After interview, I485 Pending

I recenttly had my AOS interview (marriage-based). My wife and I were separated, and I wouldn't say the interview went smoothly. We were about 85-90% consistent on the interview questions but flunked a few questions. One month after the interview, I had an approval notice for the I-130 indicating that decision on the 485 will be made separately. Question is: what is the likelihood of 485 approval or otherwise? Why was decision on 485 deferred?

I recenttly had my AOS interview (marriage-based). My wife and I were separated, and I wouldn't say the interview went smoothly. We were about 85-90% consistent on the interview questions but flunked a few questions. One month after the interview, I had an approval notice for the I-130 indicating that decision on the 485 will be made separately. Question is: what is the likelihood of 485 approval or otherwise? Why was decision on 485 deferred?

Comment

Any thoughts or similar experiences to share on this???

Comment

Sirius,

didn't you have to get I-130 approved before you could file I-485 and have AOS interview?

Comment

That appears the logical sequence of things but in my case, No. I filed I-130 a I-485 together and this is the first time I'm getting any such notice.

Thanks.

Comment

Go to www.immigration.com forum - they have dozens of threads and perhaps thousands of posts by people under similar circumstances.
            You can also post your question there.

Good Luck,

IE

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources