Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCS/LULAC/ Form I687 Prima facie eligible

I applied to ultimately become a permanent resident through the 2005 CCS/LULAC settlement. I got a letter from USCIS stating that a review of the relating documentation indicates that form I687 (my application) is prima facie eligible for continued processing. Does anyone know what that means? I have not heard from them for a while. I got the letter in July 2007. When I checked the case status, it is showing the application is pending. Should I prepare for an interview or what? Does anyone know what the next step is? Thanks in advance.

I applied to ultimately become a permanent resident through the 2005 CCS/LULAC settlement. I got a letter from USCIS stating that a review of the relating documentation indicates that form I687 (my application) is prima facie eligible for continued processing. Does anyone know what that means? I have not heard from them for a while. I got the letter in July 2007. When I checked the case status, it is showing the application is pending. Should I prepare for an interview or what? Does anyone know what the next step is? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Yes you should prepare for an interview, although I am not sure when that will take place. They are very slow, my case was approved a few months ago, still haven't heard back from them or received a card in the mail yet.

Shabber

Comment

Thanks for your prompt and courteous reply. I read from this same forum that someone did not even go for an interview during the temporary card phase. Is that possible? I remember correctly that he said he only went for an interview when he had to apply for the permanent card. Does prima facie eligibility means there is a greater chance my application will be approved, or approved based on the evidence, or the application is accepted?

Comment

You will have to appear for the interview when you are instructed to. Prima facie basically means that your application is admissible for review based on the evidence you submitted, it doesn't mean they will approve or deny your case. That's all it means.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation