Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I 751

What is the likely hood of being called for an interview when you file an I-751? Does everybody get interviewed or is it just "suspect" cases?

What is the likely hood of being called for an interview when you file an I-751? Does everybody get interviewed or is it just "suspect" cases?

Comment

I believe they call everyone in.

Comment

"suspect" cases + % of "normal"

Comment

actually no, who said they call everyone? thats not true, and also it's not only for suspect cases, sometimes ppl send a messed up applications, or not enough evidence, or they make mistakes oon the form, or it could be about the address, or the names, things like that and not only suspect cases, sometimes they call ppl for interview and the uscis know's this marriage is real, but just to double check on things , like i said before, names spelled wrong, different address, wrong date on the forms, if they forgot to sighn the form, things like that

Comment

1/3 of 751 applications are called for interview. Of the one third, it will be selected based on certain criteria. some will be random and others will be suspected sham marriage, and those living apart with seperate addresses.

Shabber is not completely wrong. lol. All 751 must have personal interview. The service/director however reserves the right to waive the personal interview and adjudicate on the evidence presented with the 751 joint petition or 751waiver petition.

Some examples of red flags for uscis:

little documentation since 1st interview sent asa evidences

more than 10 years age difference

more than one marriage

seperate addresses

letter from uscis spouse indicating or suspecting fraud.

just to name a few.

Do you think that there may be an issue for you to get picked for interview?

Comment

well sort of yes...I was arrested about a year ago. The charges were dismissed and expunged. When I filled out the I 751 I stated all of this and provided the documentation that they needed.

My marriage is bonafied. I sent them so much supporting documention (photographs, letters, bank statements, life insurance, investments etc etc etc) so I dont think that our marriage is going to be questioned. Just wondering if they would pull us in for an interview because of my arrest.

Comment

if they dismissed the charges then they cann't use it againts you , ok , and they dont have to ask you actully, it's there, by punshing your name they will get all your recordsa but of course you have to be honest with them and mention it, i wont really worry about it if it was dismissed

Comment

the real issue will be if the marriage is real or not, and if u have all the evidence u just mentioned then dont worry about it

Comment

I applied for I751 (remove status on temp greencard) in end of May 2007, its February 2008. On the Uscis.gov website, it still says pending, I am in Nebraska district (live in Chicago). When I look up the processing dates it say Feb 2007, but when I called them in Janaury they said my processing time was over, they were on July now. They took my information said they would contact me in 45 days with status, but it has been close to 30 days but still not response. What do I do? I did not keep a lawyer, should I consult one? Its been almost 7 months since I applied. Soon after i applied I recieved letter for biometrics, travel letter and extension of green card until 1 year.

Comment

hi farhan well the i-751 sometimes takes more than 6 months , each case is different but i will say the best thing to do is to make an info pass appointment and go to your local office to see what is going on , no dont hire a lawyer now, like i said the i-751 sometimes take more than 6 months ,sometimes up to 1 years or more , you never know, you will need to hire an attorney if something goes wrong , but not now, just wait another 30 days and see if you get an answer or not, but you should make an info pass and go to the local office, dont depend on the people in the 800# , and dont believe them either, they are not real immigration officers, go to your local office as soon as possible and find out why you haven't got an answer yet, well actually if you applyed in may of 2007 , then your case is been pending for almost 9 months not 7 like you said , and thats kinda too long not to get an answer at least

Comment

Just a quick question. After filing the form 1-751 do you recieve a extension letter before having bio-metrics taken or after. I had my bio-metrics taken last week and not heard anything since.

The only letter i recieved was i-797c notice of action letter, Appointment for bio-metrics.

i recieved this letter on 01/07/2008 and my appointment was on 01/30/08.

My 2 year green card ends soon and my employer is asking for more info.

Any help will be appreciated.

thanks

Comment

Hello las vegas jr.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lasvegasjr:
                          Just a quick question. After filing the form 1-751 do you recieve a extension letter before having bio-metrics taken or after. I had my bio-metrics taken last week and not heard anything since.

The only letter i recieved was i-797c notice of action letter, Appointment for bio-metrics.

i recieved this letter on 01/07/2008 and my appointment was on 01/30/08.

My 2 year green card ends soon and my employer is asking for more info.

Any help will be appreciated.

thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You received the 797 notice of action receipt. Does is not comment that this is your receipt and near the bottom say. Your status is extended 1 year? This is your extension letter and you should carry this and the expired greencard. this is also what you will show to your employer.

Comment

I did not recive a receipt for the 1-751 application itself.
                            Just an appointment letter asking me to go to the application support centre to have photo and fingerprints taken.

I am trying to call the 1-800 number to see what is going on, but i keep on going round in circles, press 2 to do this and 3 to do that.

thanks

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Farhan:
                              I applied for I751 (remove status on temp greencard) in end of May 2007, its February 2008. On the Uscis.gov website, it still says pending, I am in Nebraska district (live in Chicago). When I look up the processing dates it say Feb 2007, <span class="ev_code_BLUE">but when I called them in Janaury they said my processing time was over, they were on July now. They took my information said they would contact me in 45 days with status, but it has been close to 30 days but still not response.</span> What do I do? I did not keep a lawyer, should I consult one? Its been almost 7 months since I applied. Soon after i applied I recieved letter for biometrics, travel letter and extension of green card until 1 year. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Farhan

Please next time make a new thread for yourself as the originator of this post will keep thinking responses are 4 him or her.

Nebraska is processing applications received February 2007. You are not outside of your processing times. The best thing you could have done is when you filed 751 was to check the processing time. it would have given you an idea of how long that service center was taking. it could be slower now or faster now. It is updated frequently. So processing is at least 1 year in Nebraska right now. your application did not go in until may 2007. you are not due yet. You are two to three months away provided that proc times dont take a slow down. And also of course, unless you are going to be pulled for a personal interview.

As it has only been 30 days, not like it has been 43 days .

Unless you are outside of the processing times, I do not see that you are warranted in making even an infopass appointment.

Be patient

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed