Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just introducing myself

Hello, I've actually been a regular spectator here at ilw, but I thought it was time for me to register and introduce myself.

Here's my story:
    - I'm 27. Male USC, born here.
    - I've been married for 2 years.
    - My wife is in the Philippines ("PI") awaiting the I-601 waiver.
    - She lived in the US for 9 years. Arrived as a tourist at age 14. Then one day, the INS came knocking on her door... We decided to marry. She was 23.
    - She had to leave anyways, or else she would have faced detention. The lawyers constantly said it would be easier for her to be legalized if she stayed here (in prison???). Between separation and indefinite detention, which would you put your wife through? I decided she could at least be "free" in the PI.
    - She never chose to be an illegal alien. Her parents, who brought her here, never said anything.
    - If you don't believe me...kindly leave this forum. Thanks.

I guess I'm writing to find some comradery with people here. Nobody should have to go through what we are all going through here.
    It's horrible.

Best wishes to all of you. God has found his way back in to my life. In your plight, I hope you all excercise patience, strength, discipline, and honesty.

Hello, I've actually been a regular spectator here at ilw, but I thought it was time for me to register and introduce myself.

Here's my story:
    - I'm 27. Male USC, born here.
    - I've been married for 2 years.
    - My wife is in the Philippines ("PI") awaiting the I-601 waiver.
    - She lived in the US for 9 years. Arrived as a tourist at age 14. Then one day, the INS came knocking on her door... We decided to marry. She was 23.
    - She had to leave anyways, or else she would have faced detention. The lawyers constantly said it would be easier for her to be legalized if she stayed here (in prison???). Between separation and indefinite detention, which would you put your wife through? I decided she could at least be "free" in the PI.
    - She never chose to be an illegal alien. Her parents, who brought her here, never said anything.
    - If you don't believe me...kindly leave this forum. Thanks.

I guess I'm writing to find some comradery with people here. Nobody should have to go through what we are all going through here.
    It's horrible.

Best wishes to all of you. God has found his way back in to my life. In your plight, I hope you all excercise patience, strength, discipline, and honesty.

Comment

Welcome to the forum

Nice to see you join in after jsut being a spectator.

Bummer on your situation... but hopefully things will be fine for both of you soon.

Hope you are planning to participate now.. as you know sometimes it can get a little edgy here, but I am sure you can hang with us. Enter at your own risk

Comment

Hiya!!! I sure can sympathize with you. I actually ended up on this board a few years back, just looking for someone who could understand.

Despite all the petty arguments and eye-openers to what prejudice really is, I have learned to enjoy coming here. It has become a real blessing and has gotten me through some really tough times.

As a friend of mine commented tonight, I appeared to go from 0 to 100 without stepping on the gas (i.e. from thinking we were going to be denied on our waiver to getting approved!!!)

Anyway, I am really glad to see that you joined in. It is sooo difficult to go it alone!!!

How long has your wife been in PI? When did you submit the waiver? etc.

I am definitely hoping for the best for you guys!!!!

www.immigrate2us.net

Comment

Welcome to the forum .... this forum is great in some ways than other ones ... its really good ...trust me ... if u just try on some other forums ... well i must say www.immigrate2us.net is good too ... but on other ones ... u will find more prejudiced people than here ... once again warm welcome...Pasha

Comment

"She never chose" to be illegal. She remained in the U.S. illegally after age 18. If that isn't choosing, I don't know what is.

Comment

Thanks for deciding to post. There are a lot of people here in similar situations. There are also a lot of jerks who are never short of a few snotty lines. (You'll see a post from one of that camp directly above.) Try not to let them hurt your feelings. Thier purpose is to discourage you and they live for put-downs.
              Have a nice day

Comment

Aliba:

If you are so anti-immigrant I don't know what you do here. You are always posting garbage in this site. If you don't have anything POSTIVE to add refrain yourself from bringing all your negativity.

People that come here including myself come for support and advice, you are always judging people as if you were some sort of God or something. Also you are a traitor to yourself, because you have stated many times that you are Arab-American...I have no respect for people like you that forget who they are and where did they came from. I hope God bless you with some light in your heart...

Comment

People who make self-serving statements trying to justify wrong-doing should expect to have those statements challenged. If his wife's parents could "choose" to bring her here illegally at age 14, then certainly she's capable of making the choice to return to her home country at age 18. She didn't. To claim she had no choice in being illegal is simply incorrect.

Comment

Aliba:

Everybody makes self-serving comments who else should they serve on their statements? There is no wrong-doing whatsoever if she chose to stay here, should she had a chance to stay legally do you think she would not have pursue it?

Comment

Not at all. Pursue whatever legal means are available--I had not the slightest problem with his letter UNTIL I read the portion where he says his wife had no choice. If that isn't a bid to portray her as an innocent victim, at the mercy of a cruel bureaucracy, I don't know what is. If she's a victim of anyone, it's her parents.

Gluhbirne was complaining about my previous comment that his wife in fact did make the choice to be illegal, despite his claim that her parents made it for her. They did when she was 14, but not when she turned 18.

Comment

Wasn't there a law that allows those who have been brought here illegally as a child to initiate AOS?
                        I'm pretty close to clueless when it comes to family based immigration, but I seemed to recall such law exist.

Comment

miss_my_wife

WELCOME to the Board, and Goodluck with your case. I'll say a prayer for you.

Comment

Hi friends,

Wow, people who understand. Feels nice.

Well, to quickly address AliBA:

"If his wife's parents could "choose" to bring her here illegally at age 14, then certainly she's capable of making the choice to return to her home country at age 18. She didn't. To claim she had no choice in being illegal is simply incorrect."

Sir, she enterred this country LEGALLY as a visitor. After her tourist visa expired, her parents never said anything.

If it makes you happy, you should know that her father was flown on a chartered plane, in handcuffs...using your tax money.

Anyways, it was as much a surprise to me as it was to her. And contrary to what you might think, she lived a wonderful life while she was here. She is a web developer, sir. She has held many tech positions. She has a computer science degree from a state university. And, if you care, she happens to be the sweetest person on this earth.

So, if you're not going to believe me, then I can't stop that. She's out of the country already, so there are not many other things these days that feel worse -- namely, your judgement.

And to Spouse -- thank you for coming back EVEN when your waiver was approved. It was your good news that encouraged me to sign up. Thanks.

Comment

Dear Miss my wife--And somehow, in the course of applying to and going to college, getting a job, etc., the lack of a social security number never came up? Just what did she say when she applied for her jobs, and was told to fill out a withholding form? Or asked where she was born, and what her citizenship status was? And just how did she pay taxes? Even if she were self-employed she'd know she's supposed to do that. Get real. I believe you believe what you're saying, but please excuse me if I doubt that she was totally honest with you.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation