May Day Rioting And Protests

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by explora:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by marmaduk:
    Next time another march like this took place, ask the illegals a few simple question:
    1) Are they consider themselves Mexican/&lt;insert other country here&gt; or American?
    and:
    2) Which country would they support?

As simple as that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    marmaduk,
    I think it would be interesting. It reminds me of those standing in a mall with a clipboard board in their hand, "Exuse me, May I ask you .....?" I don't mean to say this with such a negative connation but I don't see it happening before a rally. People are too emotional and they aren't going to care to answer questions because of organizing and time factors. The third question more appropriate would be to ask the individual why are you personally rallying today. Remember, marmaduk, the rally isn't about who is who and I seriously doubt you see many more rallies. Mark my word on this one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I guess I'm confused now, are you saying that they won't answer because if they answer truthfully is bad for them? Or they won't have time to answer?
    What I'm trying to convey is a counter view with regards to the rally participants. Many whom still view themselves as Mexican/Etc instead of American, and share their loyalty with Mexico/Etc instead of USA.

Comment

marmaduk,
      Exuse me for not being clear. I did actually mean the time factor. Sometimes the rallies are a little chaotic with misunderstanding about what time they're supposed to begin.
      I do think a lot of people have loyalty to Mexico as far as it being where they've come from. I don't expect them to disregard it since they're on American soil. I do expect patriotism to America and the privilege of being here. I have no problem with anyone calling themselves Mexican-Americans. Some Mexicans that were born here consider themselves Mexican-Americans because they are Mexicans and they are Americans both.
      Years ago I conducted interviews with various Hispanics for a Mexican-American sociology class at the University of New Mexico. I was astonished at the responses I received. Mexican-American, Chicano, Hispanic, Latino/a, Mexican, Latin-American, even an "I don't know" response was given.
      I understand where your coming from, I think. You expect them to pronounce their identity as American, right? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by explora:
        marmaduk,
        Exuse me for not being clear. I did actually mean the time factor. Sometimes the rallies are a little chaotic with misunderstanding about what time they're supposed to begin.
        I do think a lot of people have loyalty to Mexico as far as it being where they've come from. I don't expect them to disregard it since they're on American soil. I do expect patriotism to America and the privilege of being here. I have no problem with anyone calling themselves Mexican-Americans. Some Mexicans that were born here consider themselves Mexican-Americans because they are Mexicans and they are Americans both.
        Years ago I conducted interviews with various Hispanics for a Mexican-American sociology class at the University of New Mexico. I was astonished at the responses I received. Mexican-American, Chicano, Hispanic, Latino/a, Mexican, Latin-American, even an "I don't know" response was given.
        I understand where your coming from, I think. You expect them to pronounce their identity as American, right? Correct me if I'm wrong. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, I didn't expect them to pronounce themselves as supporter of American, but that's what many of them are portrayed to be by illegals supporters (to gain public support, no doubt). As evident by the backlash from illegal marches of last year, the public goes against them once this sentiment was shown. Something that organizers of this year marches took very careful steps to prevent.

Comment

Right, I agree with you. What is really scarry right now is the Minuetman Project. I already knew it but heard Geraldo speak with Jim Gilchrist on Fox. There's other groups and they are all really stirring up hate. Did you hear about the guys that were planning to attack Mexicans? They plot was thwarted, thank goodness.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation