Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May Day Rioting And Protests

All across the country, supporters of illegal aliens demonstrated and rioted (the illegals themselves were too busy working and being productive). Stores were burned and looted and police were attacked. You have to wonder why these supporters would choose May Day; the international day of celebration for communists, to protest for immigration reform

All across the country, supporters of illegal aliens demonstrated and rioted (the illegals themselves were too busy working and being productive). Stores were burned and looted and police were attacked. You have to wonder why these supporters would choose May Day; the international day of celebration for communists, to protest for immigration reform

Comment

What is your source of information, SonofMichael? I read nothing about burning, rioting or police being attacked.

Comment

....and just what are you trying to say? May Day is much more than the international day of celebration for communists, it can be traced back to celtic times and is regarded as "Workers' Day" all over the world.

I live in a community, does that make me a communists?
        “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

Comment

If I had to ask one thing of these protesters, it would be to stop waving Mexican, etc. flags. This makes me extremely angry. If I went to Guatemala City right now and waved an American flag telling the Guatemalans they have to let me stay there I should be beaten in the street. Don't come to my country and wave a foreign flag around and expect me to want you to stay here. That is called an invasion. If you want to be an American, your flag is no longer anything but the Stars and Stripes.

Comment

I reported it first !!!!

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?se...cal&id=5264762

Rally Ends With Clash Between Marchers, PoliceMayor Villaraigosa Calls Clash 'Unfortunate'

LOS ANGELES, May 2, 2007 - A day of mostly calm immigration rallies ended with a clash between police and demonstrators, and Police Chief William Bratton promised a department review to "determine if the use of force was appropriate."

Related Links
            MORE: Immigrants Take to the Streets in Nationwide Protests (5/1/07)
            MORE: A Look at the Immigration Reform Movement (5/1/07)
            Receive Breaking News Alerts
            Get Eyewitness News Updates
            Several people, including about a dozen officers, were hurt during skirmishes at MacArthur Park near downtown Los Angeles late Tuesday. About 10 people were taken to hospitals for treatment of injuries including cuts, authorities said. None of the injuries were believed to be serious. At least one person was arrested, said Officer Mike Lopez.

May Day marches in Los Angeles brought out about 25,000 people, only a fraction of the roughly 650,000 who rallied last year. Turnout nationwide was also light compared to a year ago.

Organizers said fear about raids and frustration that the marches haven't pushed Congress to pass reform kept many people at home. They said those who did march felt a sense of urgency to keep immigration reform from getting pushed to the back burner by the 2008 presidential elections.

The clash at MacArthur Park started after 6 p.m. when police tried to disperse demonstrators who had moved off the sidewalk onto the street. Authorities said several people of the few thousand still at the rally threw rocks and bottles at officers, who fired rubber bullets and used batons to push the crowd back onto the sidewalk.

"(Police) started moving in and forcing them out of the park, people with children, strollers," said Angela Sambrano, one of the rally's lead organizers.

The police action cut short several speeches, said Hamid Khan, who works at the SouthAsia Network. He said officers "overreacted."

Bratton said "certain elements of the crowd" started the disturbance, but the "vast, vast majority of the people who were here were behaving appropriately."

He promised an investigation to determine what happened and whether police used excessive force.

"If officers behaved inappropriately, we will deal with that," he said at a late news conference.

A staff member from Spanish-language TV station Telemundo confirmed to the Los Angeles Times late Tuesday that one reporter and three camera operators from the station had been injured and taken to the hospital by police.

Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa, who was traveling in El Salvador at the start of a nine-day trade mission, said the incident was "a most unfortunate end to a peaceful day."

Villaraigosa said he asked Bratton, who was scheduled to join the mayor in El Salvador and Mexico, to remain in Los Angeles to oversee a review of the incident.

Maria Elena Durazo, the executive secretary-treasurer at the Los Angeles County Federation of Labor, said the incident marred an otherwise peaceful protest, and urged changes to police practices.

She said the group was "outraged and saddened" by reports of excessive force by law enforcement.

"While we understand that a group of anarchists, not associated with the rally, instigated an altercation with police, we are disappointed that authorities would respond to their actions by herding them into a peaceful crowd and by shooting rubber bullets with little warning," Durazo said in a statement.

Copyright © 2007 KABC-TV and The Associated Press (AP). All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Comment

I really have to agree with you on that. I am not American, but I myself find that extremely offensive. I would not dare to fly the flag of my home country without the American flag.
              “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

Comment

hey kraut and why don't you stick that kraut flag in you behind?
                to Rambo and every damm illegal alien in the U.S. GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE!!! Your own countries are supposed to support you, THEY have an OBLIGATION with you, not us, when will you get it thru your sick skulls. We have MILLIONS of people who SHOULD

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SICKOFILLEGALS:
                  hey kraut and why don't you stick that kraut flag in you behind? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A S S H O L E, A S S H O L E......and, you can not get to me - not even if you try really, really hard!!!

Even Gods fight stupidity to no avail! - Friedrich Schiller

Comment

i do not think that they do this because they don't like the USA or out of disrespect, but instead on trying to represent who they are, where they are coming from and where they want to belong...they wouldn't be there in the first place if they didn't want to stay here.
                    Remember also, that these are people, in their majority, that are not highly educated. What we perceive is not what they mean.

Comment

They would have gotten a lot more support if they were carrying the flag of the United States of America. You're right, Guby. Maybe it's because they're not too smart. Demonstrating carrying flags of other countries is exactly what the illegals shouldn't be doing.

Comment

I always knew that there are rules on how to fly a flag. So I wanted to refresh my memory and went digging and didn't only confirm what I already knew, I learned about Flag Code Violations.....and, guess who is among the violators?

http://www.ushistory.org/betsy/flagetiq.html#1

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kollerkrot:
                          I always knew that there are rules on how to fly a flag. So I wanted to refresh my memory and went digging and didn't only confirm what I already knew, I learned about Flag Code Violations.....and, guess who is among the violators?

http://www.ushistory.org/betsy/flagetiq.html#1

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Since I'm the only flag poster on this thread, excluding you with the USA/Gerrman flags, how am I violating the rules? I didn't see any rules about avatars on that web site? Please fill me in!

Comment

Oh no! I wasn't referring to any one in here. In talking about flag rules, I was really referring to flying a foreign flag in a (any) country. Rules are that a foreign flag cannot ever be flown without the hosting country flag. If they both fly on one staff, the hosting flag always flies on top. If they fly side by side, the hosting flag always flies to the right (its own right) etc., etc. So, if the Mexicans want to fly the Mexican flag in the USA, they would have to give antecedence to the American flag and pay attention to the rules first and foremost.

I don't think they did that.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kollerkrot:
                              Oh no! I wasn't referring to any one in here. In talking about flag rules, I was really referring to flying a foreign flag in a (any) country. Rules are that a foreign flag cannot ever be flown without the hosting country flag. If they both fly on one staff, the hosting flag always flies on top. If they fly side by side, the hosting flag always flies to the right (its own right) etc., etc. So, if the Mexicans want to fly the Mexican flag in the USA, they would have to give antecedence to the American flag and pay attention to the rules first and foremost.

I don't think they did that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for your clarification, Kollerkrot. I appreciate the education, and, no - they didn't carry American flags yesterday, just ones from their own countries (which doesn't attract support from Americans, that's for sure!). I know your situation, and hope you have resolution soon, because you have America's best interests at heart.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation