Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Advice

I loaned my girlfriend around 8000$ and now she is not willing to pay back. Is there anyway I can get my money back by law.

Please advise
    I am not a lawyer nor do I claim to be one so please double-check any information given by me, or anyone else for that matter, with a certified (immigration)lawyer before you take any further steps

I loaned my girlfriend around 8000$ and now she is not willing to pay back. Is there anyway I can get my money back by law.

Please advise
    I am not a lawyer nor do I claim to be one so please double-check any information given by me, or anyone else for that matter, with a certified (immigration)lawyer before you take any further steps

Comment

Is that right?

Comment

Get married with her and then divorce her. In this case you might get a half of those money.

Comment

$8,000 exceeds the limit for small claims court, so you'd have to resort to more formal means of legal recovery. Did you have some sort of written agreement documenting the loan?

Comment

Eddie,

How can you loan $8000 to your girl friend?

If think you should listen to what Swissnut said.

Swissnut by the way, I have been wondering how come you are still on this group if you divorced your spouse and you are a USC? Just wondering for the reason, no offense. I tried to send you a private message, but I am not granted that right. So, if you do have that right, you could send me a private message.
            Anyway, peace out.

Comment

Was she good in bed at least? Lawsuit is the only legal way, but if she is illegal you will never collect. You can hire someone to break her kneecaps or cut her brake line on her car. Don't do it yourself; hire a professional. Good luck.

Comment

Kumna,
                Though I am a USC, I've been exposed to an array of immigration procedures. I emigrated with the rest of my immediate family, as a beneficiary of my Dad's EB-1/EB-2 visa, many years back. Then, I naturalised in 99, and petitioned to bring my ex-husband here. Albeit procedures have changed somewhat, I am familiar with the general process.

Since mid-December, when it became obvious to me that we would not be able to continue to work with our railroad partners up here, I've had the unpleasant task of winding up my business of 9 years. This was precipitated by a horrible dispute with a most disreputable company, who are responsible for maintaining the State-owned rails, over which we operate.

I've been working almost round the clock since then to place each and every employee I have (40) in alternative positions around the state. I completed the last employee on Dec 29th, so it's just me now. The "Captain" after all, does not abandon ship.

ILW provides me now with an occasional distraction from what is an unpleasant procedure.

The PM feature is not enabled on ILW. But you can email me at my office, gtdt@dinnertrain.com, if you like. If your email gets bounced back (for the past 4 weeks, we've had some issue with what is known as an Open Relay Port at our website host in Florida, whatever that means), then try our alternative company email address, gtdt@traverse.net.

Comment

$8,000? are you a bank or what.

Did you have an agreement to loan this kind of money away? While still on the topic, please loan me $1,000

Comment

Hire someone to break her legs; that is a good way to get your money back; can I borrow $6000?

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation