X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pamie
    replied
    I filed for my husband after we were married. But at the time there was the 245(i). That allowed him to pay 1000.00 and not have to leave the US to adjust statis. I filed the i-130, i-485, i-485-a, and work permit, affidate of support, all together. Filed in april 2001, he got his work permit about 3-5 months later had to renew every here until he became LPR which was about 8/3/03, he went for his medical exam in 2/03. then fill for citizenship in 7/06 and he became citizen in 9/06. I think that now INS is processing files alot faster.

Leave a comment:

• k.angela
    replied
    Hi everyone. I am in need of some advise. I am getting married to my fiance this December. He is an illegal immigrant from Mexico (he has been in the US for about 5 years now). I am a naturalized citizen (have been a citizen for 3 years now). We are looking for an immigration laywer here in Charlotte, NC. 1st of all, becuase I want to him to become legal, and second of all, because we don't know what to do...either to get married first and then file paperwork, or first start filling... I have talked to a layer briefly over the phone (altough he does not specialize in immigration only) he told me that we need will probably need to fill out a form I-130....but isn't that for relatives?(....so basicly, when we file it, we should be married?....) We really do love eachother...and I am afried that something terible might happen...i.e. we will get a crapy lawyer, and my soon to be husband might get deported. It would sure make life a lot easier if he had legal status... I really want to visit his parents in Mexico, togerther with him... but he needs to be legal in order to do that... does anyone know how long the whole process takes? Sorry...this is my first post on this board and I have many questions and concerns...

Leave a comment:

• k.angela
    started a topic need some advise....

need some advise....

Hi everyone. I am in need of some advise. I am getting married to my fiance this December. He is an illegal immigrant from Mexico (he has been in the US for about 5 years now). I am a naturalized citizen (have been a citizen for 3 years now). We are looking for an immigration laywer here in Charlotte, NC. 1st of all, becuase I want to him to become legal, and second of all, because we don't know what to do...either to get married first and then file paperwork, or first start filling... I have talked to a layer briefly over the phone (altough he does not specialize in immigration only) he told me that we need will probably need to fill out a form I-130....but isn't that for relatives?(....so basicly, when we file it, we should be married?....) We really do love eachother...and I am afried that something terible might happen...i.e. we will get a crapy lawyer, and my soon to be husband might get deported. It would sure make life a lot easier if he had legal status... I really want to visit his parents in Mexico, togerther with him... but he needs to be legal in order to do that... does anyone know how long the whole process takes? Sorry...this is my first post on this board and I have many questions and concerns...
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation

Attorney2Attorney