•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mo
    replied
    BronzeLady

I found an article about "rollbacks", which concurs with your suggestion about July-September period for rollbacks to occur:

Most Family-Based Immigrant Categories Retrogress or Become Unavailable

July 18, 2001 - The U.S. Department of State (DOS) August Visa Bulletin, released July 16, 2001, indicates that many family-based immigrants will have to endure further delays before obtaining their green cards. It specifies that all family-based immigrant visas for the first and third preference categories, as well as most family-based immigrant visas for Mexico, are now "unavailable," and that other family-based categories have retrogressed.

An "unavailable" designation means that the quota for a preference category has been reached, and that no more immigrant visas are likely to be available in that category for remainder of the fiscal year, which ends September 30, 2001. DOS anticipates that additional family-based categories may retrogress or become unavailable before the end of the fiscal year. However, DOS indicates that it expects family-based categories to return to near July 2001 levels when the new fiscal year begins in October 2001.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Mo
    replied
    My dad (USC) filed the petition for me (over 21) on Dec, 2000 (priority date) at Columbus, Ohio. It was approved by Nebraska Service Center about 2 years later.

My priority is date is very close... as I mentioned above, DOS is currently processing OCT 22, 2000 for Family 1st category... so I am hoping they get to me soon, so I can jump on the AOS process, which will also takes some more time.

I will be doing AOS at the Boston office, hopefully it should all be done in matter of 6-8 months there, after my priority date becomes current.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• ilug
    replied
    Was your I-130 approved already? What Center was it filed?

Leave a comment:

• Mo
    replied
    Thanks for the input BronzeLady...

Well, there were no rollbacks for about 16 months now, for the Family 1st category. So, it has been on a positve trend ever since... average processing rate was 30 days applications received : 30 days applications processed ratio. if this holds true for the next 2 months, then I should have a visa available to me in 60 days. This will be in May/June time, which is before the July-September rollback period (as you suggested).

By the way, they will be updating the monthly DOS visa bulletin for May, 2004 this coming Monday, April 12th, 2004. This (hopefully) shouldnt cause any rollbacks... and might even pass my priority date... Lets hope so.

I hope its like a fast car Bronzy! - or I will reward you the Bronze Medal.

Leave a comment:

• BronzeLady
    replied
    there is no telling when a priority date will become current. Sometimes the PD moves at a snais pace and sometimes it's like a fast car. If there is going to be any rollback (numbers moving backwards) it will generally happen from July-September. That happens when the State Dept. miscalculates the number of visa requests they will receive or there is an abnormally high number of requests (more than the projected amount). Every October, they get a fresh supply of numbers to allocate so that's when you will notice that a category that may have been stalled starts to move a little.

Leave a comment:

• Mo
    replied
    I was wondering when does the Fiscal Year for Famly Sponsored Visas (for all categories) start every year from DOS?

And if now (APRIL) - DOS is in the middle of the Fiscal Year? - because my priority date is about to become current as Family Category 1st (DEC, 2000) and they are currently processing OCT 22, 2000. I wonder if my priority date is about to become current very soon... or have to wait until the next Fiscal Year starts?

Any predictions?

Thanks again

Leave a comment:

• Mo
    started a topic Fiscal Year - BronzeLady

Fiscal Year - BronzeLady

I was wondering when does the Fiscal Year for Famly Sponsored Visas (for all categories) start every year from DOS?

And if now (APRIL) - DOS is in the middle of the Fiscal Year? - because my priority date is about to become current as Family Category 1st (DEC, 2000) and they are currently processing OCT 22, 2000. I wonder if my priority date is about to become current very soon... or have to wait until the next Fiscal Year starts?

Any predictions?

Thanks again
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed