X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• k2003
    replied
    The info is on Shusterman.com, and the OH Law firm....and there is little or no movement, and little or no movement predicted for 2005.

Leave a comment:

• Mo
    replied
    Sunita

Hi. I will post the October 2004 dates as soon as they become available on the internet, whether it's from DOS's Bulletin page - or through an immigration firm.

Stay tuned.

Leave a comment:

• Sunita
    replied
    Mo,I know how disapointed and frustrating it must be for you but look on the bright side you are already in the the USA while some of us can't wait to come there try to carry on these comming days with lots of enthusiasm and tell yourself next-year at this time you'll finnish with Visa Bulletin site.I can't wait to see what date they will bring out for us.I can't call for it is very expensive from here also the time to wait to speak with someone.What I am asking of you if you see the dates when they are realease can you publish it right here for the Travel State.Gov are slow to put it on their site.Thank You.

Leave a comment:

• BEBE
    replied
    Thank you Mo!

Leave a comment:

• Mo
    replied
    BEBE

I could only find out the 2 categories I usually observe on the bulletin, the F1 and F2A, today. However, the DOS visa bulletin will be updated in the coming days, the numbers are available in all categories, you can call the DOS # on the bulletin... and press "0" on the recorded message to speak to an agent.

I know how anxious you are to find out... It s.u.c.ks to see when nothing changed. I hope you get what you want to see.

Good Luck

Leave a comment:

• BEBE
    replied
    Mo

Do you know the status of F2B for October? Appreciate your info

Leave a comment:

• tkalush
    replied
    Thanks for the update. My sympathies for your F1 category, I am very keen on F2A myself, if the trend since March 2004 continues I will be so thrilled.

Leave a comment:

• Mo
    replied
    Just got off the phone with DOS VISA agent through their # posted on their website. Unfortunately, no change has occured in my category (Family 1st), and I could only ask the F1 and F2A since the rest of the cut-off dates will be updated on their website later this week. The agent explained the FY2005 has started with the October 2004 bulletin, but the DOS is probably still working on whatever numbers that are still left over from FY2004. She did (in her opinion) thinks fresh numbers will likely to push dates forward.

I was really mad when she told me the cut-off dates for F1, but the information and opinion the agent told me helped me worry less on what the out-look could be in the coming months.

As usual, here is an update in the trend I have been tracking on the past 7 months.

March 2004: F1 (01OCT00), F2A (15MAY99), gap = 17.5 months.

April 2004: F1 (22OCT00), F2A (15JUL99), gap = 15.25 months.

May 2004: F1 (22OCT00), F2A (15OCT99), gap = 12.25 months.

June 2004: F1 (22OCT00), F2A (08DEC99), gap = 11.5 months.

July 2004: F1 (22OCT00), F2A (01MAR00), gap = 7.75 months.

August 2004: F1 (22OCT00), F2A (15APR00), gap = 6.25 months.

September 2004: F1 (22OCT00), F2A (15APR00), gap = 6.25 months. - *** No Change ***

October 2004: F1 (22OCT00), F2A (01MAY00), gap = 5.5 months.

Hope for the best.

Leave a comment:

• tkalush
    replied
    Hi Mo
    Any scoop about this month's visa bulletin? today is 15th and that is usually the day the new priority dates come out, perhaps there is no change in the dates so there is no need to rush to show us the same old dates eh?

Leave a comment:

• Mo
    replied
    Updating for September 2004.

The current trend between Family 1st and 2A so far:

September 2004: F1 (22OCT00), F2A (15APR00), gap = 6.25 months. - *** No Change ***

September was a "red-light" for all categories, lets hope next week's DOS visa bulletin (October 2004) changes this growing negative trend, especially for family 1st category.

I had enough with this waiting game...

Leave a comment:

• Mo
    replied
    Here is one way to look at the situation with why the Visa bulletin has been going so sloooooooowly in some categories in the past few months.

Source: BCIS.com

RETROGRESSION OF CUT-OFF DATES FOR AUGUST

As mentioned in Visa Bulletin number 71, there has been a significant increase in demand for numbers in many categories. As the end of the fiscal year approaches, it has been necessary to retrogress the Philippines F3 and Mexico F1, F2B, and F3 cut-off dates for August to keep issuances within the annual numerical limits. Further retrogressions in these cut-off dates for September cannot be ruled out.

With the start of the new fiscal year in October, an attempt will be made to return the cut-off dates to the latest dates established during FY-2004.

VISA AVAILABILITY FOR THE COMING MONTHS

During the past several years, the Citizenship and Immigration Service (CIS) demand for numbers has been low. To compensate for the lack of demand from CIS, the Visa Office advanced the immigrant visa cut-off dates very rapidly to provide sufficient qualified applicants at our overseas posts and permit the maximum use of immigrant visa numbers. Such advances also meant that many thousands of additional applicants became eligible to file for adjustment of status at CIS offices. During recent months, CIS demand for numbers has increased significantly as they have begun to address their backlog situation. This increase in CIS demand for numbers is expected to continue, and immigrant visa cut-off date movement is likely to slow or stop in the Family preference categories.

Looks like we are going to miss the good old-days.... when cut-off dates were frozen, or retrogressed for many years.

Leave a comment:

• Mo
    replied
    Well, since the DOS posted (or tried to post) the AUGUST 2004 visa dates, and we only have one month left until the new fiscal year (starting October 2004), which is out in the middle of September 2004, any idea if most categories will move forward - due to a fresh batch of visa numbers becoming available?

Leave a comment:

• Mo
    replied
    Yep, the latest bulletin continues to promote the F2 category, just like it did in the last 6 months. The F1 (where I am placed) is still frozen, take a look on this update on the recent trend:

Literally heading to a neck-and-neck situation.

Leave a comment:

• Mo
    replied
    Once again, the DOS have failed to advance Family 1st cut-off dates for the month of July, 2004.

As mentioned in the June Visa Bulletin, cut-off dates have advanced very quickly during past two years, and it appears that CIS had begun to address their backlog of adjustment of status cases. As a result there has been a significant increase in demand for numbers in many categories. As the end of the fiscal year approaches, it may be necessary to retrogress some cut-off dates in August or September to keep visa issuances within the annual numerical limits set by law. It is particularly possible that there could be retrogressions in some Mexico and Philippines cut-off dates.

The Family 2A category have been advanacing remarkably, moving forward 10 months in just 5 months. Take a look at the recent trend:

As you can see, the gap between F1 and F2 dates is so small, perhaps the time has come for both categories to be treated equal.

Leave a comment:

• Mo
    replied
    BronzeLady

I completely agree. The DOS visa availability was booming for the past 16 months, until 3 months ago. They are probably taking it easy for some reason, and may want to use those dates as an accomplishment on their side. They probably put things on hold until the issue is raised again.

A lot of people like me have no assurance - its a factor we use to criticize the DOS slow processings and capability with VISAs for us. I think its little early for maybe to worry too much... I am placing my bets that it will happen soon for me.

I have to admit, Immigration has a purpose - whatever it is, you will know when the journey ends. Until then... the strike is ON!

Leave a comment:

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation