Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• denial verses fraud

If the AOS marriage interview is not approved what happens? is it always denial? when is it fraud...and how is it proven?

I have my interview coming up and the marriage has not been good (we don't get along anymore) and I worry that I may be denied (not enough documentation, bad feeling, etc.).

Any help would be appreciated..it's been very hard lately,
    Thanks

If the AOS marriage interview is not approved what happens? is it always denial? when is it fraud...and how is it proven?

I have my interview coming up and the marriage has not been good (we don't get along anymore) and I worry that I may be denied (not enough documentation, bad feeling, etc.).

Any help would be appreciated..it's been very hard lately,
    Thanks

Comment

Was your marriage real or not?

If it was, then you have nothing to worry about and no reason to be here, asking questions.

If it wasn't, go away. You wont find answers about your fraudulent marriage here.

Comment

It depends on whether you came on a K1 or K3 visa. Which one will be greatly helpful.
        "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

Did you eneter marriage bona fide?
          That's what matters.

Comment

The interview's purpose is to determine whether or not the marriage is real, not how healthy the relationship is. As long as you got married because you sincerely wanted to spend your lives together, then you have nothing to worry about. A lot of people have problems in thier marriages, whether they are going through immigration or not.

A bit off topic, but I do hope that you attempt to work things out. Marriage is not always a cake-walk, but it pays off to keep sticking it out and working out the problems. If the problems are really serious, maybe try some counseling.
            Have a nice day

Comment

Hudson,

Is there a specific reason why you ask whether it is a K1 or K3?
              The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.

Comment

The OP is not giving some important details into why the relationship is not working which may have a bearing on the case. Depending on whether the person came on a K1 or K3 may shed some light on the subject like timeframes when the person entered under which visa, any other issues, etc. I know you may not think so, but as an investigator, but it does help. Furthermore, immigration officers sometimes look with more scrutiny if the marriage was K1 than K3, sometimes the reverse, and a majority of the times neither.
                "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

Just out of curiosity, why would there be such a big difference? Do they scrutinize a K3 less because the couple was married before the alien came to the states? I guess they think that it marriage is more apt to be valid if it took place before there was any guarntee of a visa?????
                  Have a nice day

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed