Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I apply for a different status or extension?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I apply for a different status or extension?

I sent my application to USCIS Nebraska Service Center at the end of October to change my status from J-1 to B-2 and still haven't heard back from them. It is understandable since it can take them up to 180 days to process a case. The problem is that I applied for 5 months and those five months are about to end, but I don't want to leave the States just yet. Can I apply for extension of B-2 for another 6 months or so or for a different status (F-1) even though USCIS has not processed my previous request for change of status yet and most likely will not manage to do it until the 5 months that I asked for are over?

Thank you very much!

I sent my application to USCIS Nebraska Service Center at the end of October to change my status from J-1 to B-2 and still haven't heard back from them. It is understandable since it can take them up to 180 days to process a case. The problem is that I applied for 5 months and those five months are about to end, but I don't want to leave the States just yet. Can I apply for extension of B-2 for another 6 months or so or for a different status (F-1) even though USCIS has not processed my previous request for change of status yet and most likely will not manage to do it until the 5 months that I asked for are over?

Thank you very much!

Comment

Please, does anyone have info about this matter?

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation