X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Close Call for F1 Students

Source: The Oh Law Firm

USCIS Withdrew Plan to Remove "Duration of Status" for F, J, I Visa Nonimmigrants

USCIS had a plan to remove the D/S and impose the fixed date of admission for the F, J, and I nonimmigrants, subject to extension. This plan raised some concerns as it would not only affect the duration of permit to stay but also the concept of "unlawful presence" for these nonimmigrants. Currently, these non-immigrants are not subject to the three-year or ten-year bar even if they fell out of status more than six months or one year unless DHS or DOS or DOJ officials determined that they have violated the nonimmigrant status and they are out of status.

USCIS has withdrawn this plan. Good Gracious! Congratulations to the foreign students, exchange visitors, and international media representatives!!!

Source: The Oh Law Firm

USCIS Withdrew Plan to Remove "Duration of Status" for F, J, I Visa Nonimmigrants

USCIS had a plan to remove the D/S and impose the fixed date of admission for the F, J, and I nonimmigrants, subject to extension. This plan raised some concerns as it would not only affect the duration of permit to stay but also the concept of "unlawful presence" for these nonimmigrants. Currently, these non-immigrants are not subject to the three-year or ten-year bar even if they fell out of status more than six months or one year unless DHS or DOS or DOJ officials determined that they have violated the nonimmigrant status and they are out of status.

USCIS has withdrawn this plan. Good Gracious! Congratulations to the foreign students, exchange visitors, and international media representatives!!!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation