X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-751 Question!

Hi,

As I previously said in an early post, my Green Card has been approved and received in the mail. I did notice that it is valid for 2 years. As far as my understanding this occurs if it is conditional green card. My question is why would they give me a conditional one since I am married with my spouse for well over 3 years?! Also on the Green Card is worded as Permanent Resident Card. Before the expiration do we need to submit I-751?! Also Category is CR6. Please advise. Thank you.

Hi,

As I previously said in an early post, my Green Card has been approved and received in the mail. I did notice that it is valid for 2 years. As far as my understanding this occurs if it is conditional green card. My question is why would they give me a conditional one since I am married with my spouse for well over 3 years?! Also on the Green Card is worded as Permanent Resident Card. Before the expiration do we need to submit I-751?! Also Category is CR6. Please advise. Thank you.

Comment

Please advise.

Thank you!

Comment

All GCs (conditional and not) say "Permanent resident card".
        It also has "resident since". Is that date after your 2nd anniversary?
        Lawful or not, some offices are known to issue a conditional GCs on purpose even to those who have been married for longer than 2 years.. And sometimes it is just a mistake.
        I would suggest you make an infopass app. and ask an immigration officer. If it is a mistake, they'll fix it. If it is on purpose, yes - you'll have to submit I-751 within the 90 days of the expiration date.

CR6- conditional permanent resident, adjusted status in the USA, based on the marriage to USC.

Comment

According to INA All marriage base AOS applicant should be issued with two years conditional green card. from the date of approval and not from the date of marriage.

aneri, had already explain above, If you think it might be a mistake, then you should act as suggested above.
          In some cases they have issued with 10 years cards.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">would suggest you make an infopass app. and ask an immigration officer. If it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you for your suggestion, I will make an infopass appt and get more detailes.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation