Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Media on immigration

I dont know about you guys, but i hear a lot of anti immigration statement by those anchormen and reporters, specially on foxnews...Im currently watching fox and friends with the 2 white dudes and the blonde chick, and they are just making comments that are really upsetting me, they sound like minute-men.

It seem like they are desperatly trying hard to turn the american public against immigrant and wants them to go demonstrate as anti-illegal-immigrants to counter the huge rally...they are very upset about all those immigrants demonstrating on US soil, and to make matter worse, those rallies are breaking all kind of records for their size.

Its really upsetting me when i hear some of the comments they make.

They love to call them ILLEGAL, but to me, there is so such thing as illegal, legal immigrants..to me, they all are immigrants, first generation immigrants.

90% of every legal immigrants has a family member or a close friend that is illegal, so that is why you can separate legal from illegals. they all are fighting for the same thing...Ihave a lot of friends that are undocumneted and im going to the rally to support them because i want them to one day have the same right that i have. I dont believe in deporting a kid that came here 10 years ago and had been a good person all his/her life.

I dont know about you guys, but i hear a lot of anti immigration statement by those anchormen and reporters, specially on foxnews...Im currently watching fox and friends with the 2 white dudes and the blonde chick, and they are just making comments that are really upsetting me, they sound like minute-men.

It seem like they are desperatly trying hard to turn the american public against immigrant and wants them to go demonstrate as anti-illegal-immigrants to counter the huge rally...they are very upset about all those immigrants demonstrating on US soil, and to make matter worse, those rallies are breaking all kind of records for their size.

Its really upsetting me when i hear some of the comments they make.

They love to call them ILLEGAL, but to me, there is so such thing as illegal, legal immigrants..to me, they all are immigrants, first generation immigrants.

90% of every legal immigrants has a family member or a close friend that is illegal, so that is why you can separate legal from illegals. they all are fighting for the same thing...Ihave a lot of friends that are undocumneted and im going to the rally to support them because i want them to one day have the same right that i have. I dont believe in deporting a kid that came here 10 years ago and had been a good person all his/her life.

Comment

jean2005, I totally agree with you.

I bet we're going to get flamed for this.

Now, where's Someone12?

:-)

Freedom1

Comment

Foxnews are conservative based, they're just appealing toward their intended audience.

Lou Dobbs on CNN is more interesting, he's anti immigration, yet CNN is generally a liberal news outlet...

Either that, or the PCness of calling them undocumented instead of illegals hasn't reach them yet. I, for one, couldn't care one way or the other.

Comment

I wonder if Jack from the movie Titanic had to wait in line for a visa before jumping on that ship. Back in the day, the process was rather simple, the law recognized the need for labor. Nowadays, the law ignores such need, and that's mostly why employers ignore the law and hire "undocumented". It happened during the prohibition and it'll happen again, over and over, law and economy go hand in hand, one cannot ignore or override the other.

Comment

If Fox is "anti (illegal) immigrants", then the mainstream media such as the Wall Street Journal, NY Times, LA Times, and the major networks are "pro". I don't know how many "*** stories" I've read in these publications about hard working "undocumented workers". Most of these have even dropped the "undocumented" and are speaking of the marchers as just "immigrants". Juan Williams, a Fox commentator and columnist for the Wash Post, has a very pro column this morning about "Hispanic" civil rights when these marches are not about "civil" rights but about the right to even be in this country, which these marchers don't have. Williams conveniently equates Hispanic with illegal, but Hispanics who are legal residents or citizens already HAVE civil rights. (Williams, by the way, was born in Panama but looks Black and is known for writing about US civil rights movement.) In other words, the Mainstream Media try to be as liberal as they can be on the subject of illegal aliens, so it's only fair that the other side be presented.

Back in the day, Houston, the process was not that simple. My grandfather came over from Lebanon via Marseilles circa 1900. He was a teenager (would have been an unaccompanied minor these days), and had to go through the hoops of health checks and the like at his point of entry. The wealthy might have evaded these indignities, but those in steerage didn't. Nor, when my grandfather came, did the U.S. have all the welfare programs that now assist immigrants. Furthermore, back then the norm was that most people didn't go to high school much less college, and most jobs didn't call for it. You could build a pretty decent middle class life with just a strong back and a willingness to work, and the good-paying factory jobs pushed workers like my grandfather and Blacks who migrated North into the middle class. Try finding jobs like that these days without at least a high school education.

Finally, Houston, IF employers truly needed low-skilled labor, do you really believe they couldn't have lobbied to have laws passed that got if for them, instead of ignoring immigration laws and even conspiring to bring it into the country a la Tyson's? Please. Agribusiness, and companies such as Wal-Mart and Tyson's don't want unskilled labor per se but CHEAP labor, and they won't get it from "guest worker" programs or any program which requires them to meet minimum standards. The seasonal H2 visas went unused for years, because employers don't want to have to meet the requirements such as providing a certain wage, and paying for transportation and housing. Amnesty throws the cost of the workers they want on the taxpayers, just as they've been doing all along.

Comment

The cool-aid liberals should stick to their liberal media outlets if they want to hear positives about the illegals. The thing with foxnews is that it presents as they say "a balanced" viewpoint. Granted it is a conservative leaning media outlet but you are more likely to see liberals on the foxnews than you are to see conservatives on any other media outlet. So Jean stop watching foxnews as it is obviously too intellectual for you

Comment

Recently, the press printed a list of the requirements that VP Cheney has for the hotels he stays at on the road. One of them is access to Fox News. Draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation