Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After being removed ?

My husband was removed to EL Salvador after he did 7.5 yrs in prison. My questions is when can I apply for him to come back and live with his us born citizen wife and our children. Or can he ever come back ? How can I get him back ?

My husband was removed to EL Salvador after he did 7.5 yrs in prison. My questions is when can I apply for him to come back and live with his us born citizen wife and our children. Or can he ever come back ? How can I get him back ?

Comment

Was he convicted of aggravated felony? If so there are only a few avenues for relief. One, you can petition for gubernatorial/presidential pardon for the underlying state/federal offenses. Second, you can ask your congressional representative to sponsor a private legislation for your husband. The prospect, however, is not sanguine.

Comment

Yes it was a aggervated felony.Voluntary manslaughter

Comment

great...let's bring convicted killers back into the US....I would estimate his chances of returning legally as about the same as space aliens landing in Central Park.
          Why in the world should we pardon killers?
          Oh yea, "he's really an honest good person who made a little 'mistake'" -- yea, like forgetting to return a library book.

Comment

What kind of sick person would want a person like that back?

She needs therapy. Someone that stupid and with such low regard for herself should be deported.

Someone - don't be too surprised if he is let back; you know that n the US all you need are the right forms and fees; according to the US, only American men are abusers and foreigners need protection from us !

Comment

I heard on BBC yesterday that British parliament only NOW discusses the need to deport/exclude hard core criminals from UK.
              And is very frustrated by European Union that imposes guidelines that make it difficult to deport certain convicted criminals.

There were two women giving an interview to radiosation, defending opposing approaches.

One was saying that once a convicted criminal has served his/her sentence and posed no threat of repeating the crime -for which time was served - that such individual should not be penalized again, by deportation/exclusion and etc.

The other woman said that the country that doesn't deport convicted criminals becomes a heaven, a magnet for all criminals who will arrive in increasing numbers to such country, hoping to commit a crime and not be deported.

The interviewer mentioned that more than half of convicted criminals in UK are Irish Citizens and that deporting them won't prevent them from coming back on a next boat, as there is no Border or restriction of movement between UK and Ireland.

The two women then went on discussing the mitigating circumstances, and the one who was supporting tough stand against coinvicted criminals said following : "No one suggests that convicted criminals with mitigating circumstances should be forced to leave the UK. No one."

I laughed at that point.
              I thought it was funny that the toughest supporters of law and order in UK sound almost like extreme liberals in USA.

Comment

Divorce him and move on.

Comment

I believe having served 7.5 years in prison indicates that he was convicted of particularly serious crime (average sentence for murder in US is 5 years before eligibility for parole) , and as such he would be permanently barred from admission to US.

There do exist waiver forms to overcome practically any type of inadmissibility, but in practice chances of getting it approved (in cases of serious criminals) are next to zero (unless he can obtain a full Pardon from President or Governor of the State where the crime was committed).

Comment

It is people like this woman's husband who come to this country and make it hard to seperate the hardworking law abiding immigrant from the low-lives. I am an immigrant myself and someone like that should be deported to another jail in his country. Bye bye!

Comment

It is people like this woman's husband who come to this country and make it hard to seperate the hardworking law abiding immigrant from the low-lives.

Good that you understand the need to separate hardworking law abiding immigrant from the low-lives.
                      There are actually some who would look at one particular criminal and then percieve all immigrants as "low-lives".

Comment

If you could only put your feet in my shoes

Comment

why don't you put your shoes on and walk to El Salvador? Then you can rejoin your killer husband and we will all live happily ever after.

Comment

If I could only put some fire under your feet !!!

Comment

JulieC, It must be really hard for you to make a decision whether to leave the U.S for your husband sake or move on. It is extremely difficult to get him back here to U.S after the conviction. Just do what you think is best for you and your kids.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation