Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What wavier has to been done after the I-130

My husband was deported to mexico, he was given the 10 years bar, I know I have to file the I-130, once that is either approved or denied what wavier has to be filed? I am a natural born citizen of the US and we have 3 children. Can someone help me.

My husband was deported to mexico, he was given the 10 years bar, I know I have to file the I-130, once that is either approved or denied what wavier has to be filed? I am a natural born citizen of the US and we have 3 children. Can someone help me.

Comment

Hi Juana,

why was your husband deported? Was he out of status prior to deportation? There are two waivers I-601 and I-212. Which one you'll have to file, or maybe even both, depends on your husband's history in US and reason for deportation.

If you have valid marriage and can prove that, I-130 should be approved without problems. After that your husband will be denied immigrant visa at the interview and instructed to file a waiver (if that's available to him).

You can read more about waivers at
      http://www.visajourney.com/forums
      http://www.immigrate2us.net/forum/

Comment

What is the difference between I-601 & I-212? I am trying to determine the one that I am suppose to fill out, my husband was deported becuase he never appeared in the immigration court the first time he was suppose to. He is currently in Mexico is there anything he needs to do overthere? If so what?

Comment

Check out the links I gave you. It has a lot of information on waivers.

In general, I-601 is for an overstay and I-212 for deportation.

It looks like you are not at the point to file a waiver yet:
          1. you file I-130
          2. I-130 is approved and the embassy in Mexico is informed about that
          1. + 2. may take many many months

3. Your husband is called for interviw and denied visa because of the bar. He is advised which waiver to file.

Comment

Now since I am filing the I-130 does he have to do any application at the embassy in Mexico?

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation