Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adjustment of Status Application (I-485) question

The 1st page of the I-485 asks about the date of arrival followed by questions regarding current status and I-94# and the 2nd page asks about place of entry and visa information.

I last physically entered the U.S. in 1998 under a E-1 visa. Since then I've changed visas from E-1 to F-1 to H-1 and back to F-1 (in 2004). All the status changes were within the United States.

to answer the question on P. 1, then would the date of last arrival be 2004, the last time that I changed my status or would it be 1998--the last time I entered the U.S. If the answer is 1998, then when they ask for the I-94-should I provide the I-94 for the E-1 approval or for my current F-1 approval?

As for the question on p.2, the last time I was issued a "visa" was for me to enter. I've gotten approval for F-1, H-1 and F-1 again but never got a visa b/c I never left the U.S. Would I then put in the e-1 visa infomration from 1998?

Any thoughts?

The 1st page of the I-485 asks about the date of arrival followed by questions regarding current status and I-94# and the 2nd page asks about place of entry and visa information.

I last physically entered the U.S. in 1998 under a E-1 visa. Since then I've changed visas from E-1 to F-1 to H-1 and back to F-1 (in 2004). All the status changes were within the United States.

to answer the question on P. 1, then would the date of last arrival be 2004, the last time that I changed my status or would it be 1998--the last time I entered the U.S. If the answer is 1998, then when they ask for the I-94-should I provide the I-94 for the E-1 approval or for my current F-1 approval?

As for the question on p.2, the last time I was issued a "visa" was for me to enter. I've gotten approval for F-1, H-1 and F-1 again but never got a visa b/c I never left the U.S. Would I then put in the e-1 visa infomration from 1998?

Any thoughts?

Comment

The first and second pages are asking for the same info. Last time you physically entered the country and what your I-94 number was at that time. I don't think you get a new I-94 by changing visa categories while in the US.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation