X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K-1 Fiancee Visa Interview

Hi everyone:
    I am new around here but I really wish everyone is doing fine and I hope every one dreams como true even know we all have a story to tell and we all can use some advise because we are all here trying to find an explanation to our own particular situations and immigration problems.
    Here is my story:
    My fiancee was approved for the k-1 fiancee visa here in usa with no problems.Only took 3 months to get approved.When she went for her interview two weeks ago, in Santiago Chile,she was a little nervous,and had some problems answering some of the "trick" questions the consular officers always ask.
    They also called me here at my house over the phone,while she was there and they asked me all kind of questions too.
    All her documents,medical exam,vaccines etc,are all in order as well as my documents.We have not being involved in fraud or any other violations of the immigration laws.There are no red flags as far as we know in our case.
    At the end of the interview she was told that they will call her with the decision.Nothing in writing was given to her indicating that her visa has being rejected or denied.She left with them more evidence of our relanshionship which consist of phone calls for a period of more than one year since we met and over 40 photos of us together in Chile.
    So far it has being two weeks and still no answer.
    Can you guys give me some ideas on what could be wrong and why the delay?Do you think they would denied her her visa just because she could not answer or did not remembered the answer to a few of these questions?
    All your help and advise will be greatly appreciated.
    God bless and I wish the best to all of you.

Hi everyone:
    I am new around here but I really wish everyone is doing fine and I hope every one dreams como true even know we all have a story to tell and we all can use some advise because we are all here trying to find an explanation to our own particular situations and immigration problems.
    Here is my story:
    My fiancee was approved for the k-1 fiancee visa here in usa with no problems.Only took 3 months to get approved.When she went for her interview two weeks ago, in Santiago Chile,she was a little nervous,and had some problems answering some of the "trick" questions the consular officers always ask.
    They also called me here at my house over the phone,while she was there and they asked me all kind of questions too.
    All her documents,medical exam,vaccines etc,are all in order as well as my documents.We have not being involved in fraud or any other violations of the immigration laws.There are no red flags as far as we know in our case.
    At the end of the interview she was told that they will call her with the decision.Nothing in writing was given to her indicating that her visa has being rejected or denied.She left with them more evidence of our relanshionship which consist of phone calls for a period of more than one year since we met and over 40 photos of us together in Chile.
    So far it has being two weeks and still no answer.
    Can you guys give me some ideas on what could be wrong and why the delay?Do you think they would denied her her visa just because she could not answer or did not remembered the answer to a few of these questions?
    All your help and advise will be greatly appreciated.
    God bless and I wish the best to all of you.

Comment

Just call back the consulate and ask them.

Comment

I have already e-mailed the consulate asking for an answer and explanation.So far no answer from them.

Comment

You have to give the consulate a reasonable time to reply. If there is no answer, ask around about a representative or senator in your district who is sympathetic to immigrants' rights. Fill out the form and send a copy to the Department of State. Then call the consulate. Keep pushing them. If your fiancee meets all the requirements she should be given her visa. Be patient and persistent.

Good luck!

Comment

what were the questions that she had problem answering?

Comment

Thank you Verbalist.I appreciate your advise.I understand than in this cases one have to have patience.I is true what you have said.
              I have already talked to my attorney as well and if we don't hear from them soon,he will submit a request for an answer also.
              Another thing,I have asked other people about our situation and they say that when something like this happens could be a back ground check or maybe our case is in the pile (backlog) I think is called,and they say that sometimes this could take forever.I hope this not the case with her.Thanks again my friend.We will keep bugging them.

Comment

Thanks very much for your interest,Aneri.Well I will be honest with you.I think my fiance is the most sweet,lovable and undertanding human being I have ever seen,but when it comes to remembering names,addresses,dates and things like that,she is not that great.You have no idea how many times I have to repeat to her things like my Birthday,My telephone number,my address etc.One of the questions she had trouble with was remembering my e-mail address.Another question she tells me she had trouble with was remembering when I propose to her(not very good),Consular officer asked her about our phone conversations.She said "Every day,seven days a week".He asked her again.:But how many times? Then she gives him the same answer,to the point that she said that he got all upset and obviously frustrated.Other than that she answered correctly all the rest of the questions,plus all the questions that were included in the petition.
                Thanks again Aneri.God bless.

Comment

we can just be guessing what's going on in your case...
                  Some things make me think they may be questioning your relationship.
                  It does not happen often that the petitioner is called on the phone during the interview.
                  Repeating the same answer may look like "that's what she has been told to say". (and I belive everything you say about your fiance, and know that she might had been nervous...)

I thing it is good that you contacted the consulate. It shows that you care.

It is a waiting game now...

Comment

Thanks Aneri.Yes,that is what they have told me.Calling me at home, makes me think that something must have went wrong somewhere.And is a rel shame because I swear to God,we are not trying to do anything to break the immigration laws.
                    Obviusly just the fact that she forgot and could not answered some of these questions correctly,have made they think that our relashionship is a a fraud or something.I just wish someone could tell me if this would be enough reason for them to denied or revoke her visa,but obviously no one else have probably being in a situation like ours.To be honest,at this point I don' know what to think.Everything went very smooth until now.It is nerves wrecking.
                    Thanks Aneri.
                    God bless you,America and all the good folks participating on this discussion board.

Comment

Can any of you guys tell me if now that the petition has expired(more than 4 months now) Is it possible for these people to never call her and she would never know if she was ever approved or not? Do they have the power to do such a thing?

Thanks everyone.
                      God Bless.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs