Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Introducing Immigration Attorney Malik Papish, Esq.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
    Essentially, the faster you go the narrower your visual range. And, the further out your point of focus or direction becomes. This can be demonstrated while driving. Find a narrow road with trees on either side. Drive down the road at increasingly faster rates and the perceived field of view becomes narrower and so does the road. That's due visual limitations. Which also explains why a lot of high speed accidents end up head on collisions on narrow roads. From the drivers perspective, the road becomes narrow and they have a tendency to drive towards the middle to avoid what seems to be a more near road side on the right.

It comes down to skill and ability to maintain a straight line. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If I had Bugatti Veyron I could have an option to see how objects actually appear to pilot at close to jet speed velocity on a narrow road.
    Since i don't i have to rely on my imagination and what i understand about speed and perception.

You don't get that "jet speed" effect in a regular car with capped at 120 mph limit. Road accidents are due to bad road conditions or sudden appearance of objects that cause most drivers to veer off by reflex.

At high speeds that many jets fly on full altitude ( ~700-900 km/h ~10.000 meters above sea level ) , not mentioning supersonic jets, there is a great distortion of perception due to brain not receiving the impulse until after it moves hundred or more meters closer to an object from which it originated, with another hundred covered by the time the decision is made and command from brain reaches the instruments controlling the aircraft. That is what i assume would make it too difficult if not impossible for a human to control the jet at high speeds.
    http://www.anbsoft.com/images/usflag_med.jpg

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit

Comment

It may seem impossible but those stunts in the videos are real. Try it once. Even your average car at 100 mph on a narrow road will give a similar albeit less pronounced affect. You'll find yourself focusing further down the road the faster you go.
      This message brought to you by the vast right wing conspiracy.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
        It may seem impossible but those stunts in the videos are real. Try it once. Even your average car at 100 mph on a narrow road will give a similar albeit less pronounced affect. You'll find yourself focusing further down the road the faster you go. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

More than 10 years ago i drove a car at 120 mph on a highway (it didn't go faster due to installed on most cars in US limitation on fuel injection at around that speed). If the car is well built you can cruise at that speed without sensing any thrill other than knowing that you are going at 200 km/h, with only distinction from normal driving being the fast passing vehicles on the right side of the road (it seems as if all cars are parked on the road and you are the only one going at 40-60 mph). Narrower road will give an illusion of higher speed , but still there are no major distortions perception wise, you don't start noticing trees and objects surrounding you with the difference of 100 meters between how far you perceive the objects to be and how close they actually are. It is only at higher speed that the distortion occurs. Since you are a pilot you must know it better than i can imagine, so i don't need to further explain to you how it is.
        The bike ride on a highway at 400 km/h is the nearest thing one can probably try for the comparable experience. But i am not going to ride a bike at 400 km/h , i am not crazy enough to do it.

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit

Comment

I did that once in a Fiat Brava in Mexico. Did about 110 and the road did seem to narrow and the shrubbery and road side plants became a blur near the car. In order to get the feel it can't be more than one lane each way which would make the required speed here higher to really notice it. In an aircraft you have the added vertical dimension to contend with which creates a circular field of view at high speeds. That is, as long as there is something other than a clear sky. Fun stuff.

Comment

I did that once in a Fiat Brava in Mexico. Did about 110 and the road did seem to narrow and the shrubbery and road side plants became a blur near the car. In order to get the feel it can't be more than one lane each way which would make the required speed here higher to really notice it. In an aircraft you have the added vertical dimension to contend with which creates a circular field of view at high speeds. That is, as long as there is something other than a clear sky. Fun stuff. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It sure is a fun, and well built jets too.

With the car there are not many narrow, one line roads you can go 110. I will rely on your word on it.

Comment

Well, I didn't say one is supposed to travel at those speeds. But, when your 19 years old and feeling particularly indestructible and the need for speed, you do things you shouldn't do.

Comment

Tribute to Ayrton Senna. The best driver that ever was.

<span class="flash-video"><object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000"
                codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0"
                height="390"
                width="640"
                ><param name="wmode"
                value="transparent"
                ></param><param name="allowScriptAccess"
                value="never"
                ></param><param value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aNmqn3heGgE?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"
                name="movie"
                /><param value="true"
                /><param value="always"
                /><embed wmode="transparent"
                pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"
                allowScriptAccess="never"
                type="application/x-shockwave-flash"
                height="390"
                width="640"
                src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aNmqn3heGgE?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"
                /></object></span>

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation