• for Pasha Patel and other friends

HiPasha
    I am conditional permanenet resident ,primary sponsoror is my wife.But
    we
    are not having good relationship with each other.We got married two
    years
    ago. But we still are living together.Till now we live in same apartment
    except
    ,same bank account ,Filed taxes together for this year.But we are having lot of indifferences and may not live together from now onwards.My wife is not going to sign i 751 for me
    What is the chance of retaining green card for me.Iam in a residency
    program
    which needs 3 years,if my conditional status is not removed after
    one year can i get h1 b/j1 visa from program to complete
    residency for another 2 years.Iam NOt really worried to become a US citizen.I want to complete atleast my residency.
    I read your messages from this forumI understand you are a doctor,so Iam asking your help.
    Any input is appreciated from other friends of this forum also
    Thank you

HiPasha
    I am conditional permanenet resident ,primary sponsoror is my wife.But
    we
    are not having good relationship with each other.We got married two
    years
    ago. But we still are living together.Till now we live in same apartment
    except
    ,same bank account ,Filed taxes together for this year.But we are having lot of indifferences and may not live together from now onwards.My wife is not going to sign i 751 for me
    What is the chance of retaining green card for me.Iam in a residency
    program
    which needs 3 years,if my conditional status is not removed after
    one year can i get h1 b/j1 visa from program to complete
    residency for another 2 years.Iam NOt really worried to become a US citizen.I want to complete atleast my residency.
    I read your messages from this forumI understand you are a doctor,so Iam asking your help.
    Any input is appreciated from other friends of this forum also
    Thank you

Comment

Hi ven...

Sorry to hear abt your situation.... There is a lot of information about I 751 on this board...kindly read the link provided at the end of the reply... in conclusion...as u have specific questions...

I asked the same question about getting H1b when I was going through bad days of my marriage.... People told me that I can not switch to H1b as I have already shown the immigrant intent by marrying a USC...

You haven't provided enough information to give you concrete advice but here what it is... if u have still enough time left before filing I 751 then go for divorce and file for good faith waiver.... Divorce laws and conditions depend on what state you are living in... some states may require 6 months or 1 year separation before getting no fault divorce...

If u don't have enough time to get divorce and if u must file I 751 in near future then try to make her understand that ur life and career depends upon this one form and have her signed the joint I 751 by all means... it will buy you one year extension and then proceed for divorce..once u r divorced again file I 751 good faith waiver... for detailed information about all ifs and buts of this situation please visit all the links provided below...good luck...Pasha

http://discuss.ilw.com/eve/forums/a/...01#53810238901

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed