Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian wanting to immigrate to San Diego area

I am hoping to find some assistance as I wish to immigrate legally. My girlfriend is from the San Diego area, and I am trying to find a way to be with her before I lose her. She does not wish to bring me there on a Fiancee visa or through marriage ,as she has two children and she wants to do the relationship right.

I am not allowed to meet her kids until I am there in the US, which I respect. We have been dating for almost 3 years, and I have been trying to get there via a work visa. I have run into many brick walls trying to do this.

I am an airframe mechanic ( alothough not licensed yet), and have been applying for every job I can in the past year. I have heard that there is a way to apply for a work visa without sponsorship from an employer. Is this True? If so, what is it called and how can I do this? Please help.

You ned an employer to sponsor you.

Marriage is the obvious solution, time to decide.

Comment

Originally posted by molson1l:
      I am hoping to find some assistance as I wish to immigrate legally. My girlfriend is from the San Diego area, and I am trying to find a way to be with her before I lose her. She does not wish to bring me there on a Fiancee visa or through marriage ,as she has two children and she wants to do the relationship right.

I am not allowed to meet her kids until I am there in the US, which I respect. We have been dating for almost 3 years, and I have been trying to get there via a work visa. I have run into many brick walls trying to do this.

I am an airframe mechanic ( alothough not licensed yet), and have been applying for every job I can in the past year. I have heard that there is a way to apply for a work visa without sponsorship from an employer. Is this True? If so, what is it called and how can I do this? Please help.
      This is the TN visa, but I am not sure if airline mechanic is within the job description of NAFTA trade jobs.
      "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

Originally posted by davdah:
        If your not licensed then your wasting your time even trying for a mechanic job. Why won't she bring you in on a K1? Not allowing you to meet the kids, after 3 years? What does doing it right mean? Thats a new one. Sounds like its being made impossible for you.
        This is not exactly true with airplane mechanics if the OP is also wanting to get licesned in the US, but from this list, aviation mechanics are not on the TN employment list.
        "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

Originally posted by davdah:
          Why won't she bring you in on a K1? Not allowing you to meet the kids, after 3 years? What does doing it right mean? Thats a new one. Sounds like its being made impossible for you.
          There are some ligitimate reasons why she won't let him see the children. First it will depend on how old the children are. If one or more are over the age of 6, it could be detrimental to the marriage because the kids will not let the marriage work. If could be because she can't go to Canada unless she takes her children, which the other parent may refuse. Third, she may have issues with the former spouse or ex in-laws.

These are some of the reasons I can think of and the OP may not want to share.

Comment

This guy said he was an airframe mechanic in his original post? Does that equate to airline mechanic? Not knowing the terminology, just asking???

Comment

TN visa will not work for you because your job skill is not on the approved NAFTA list.

I have been giving some thought to this. Another possibility is to go to airplane mechanic school. In the US, you have repairmen and full fledged mechanics. If you are a repairman, like repairing airframes only, then perhaps you need to increase your skills. A airplane mechanic technical school will help you plus put you in the vicinity of your girlfriend. The other option is this. If you are already employed with a national or international carrier, see if the employer has a job in San Diego or LA. This would be a L-1 or H-2b visa. Again, you have not given any specifics on your current qualification as an airplane mechanic in Canada, so I am just speculating.

Comment

Originally posted by ProudUSC:
                This guy said he was an airframe mechanic in his original post? Does that equate to airline mechanic? Not knowing the terminology, just asking???
                It may or may not.

Comment

Hi everyone. I appreciate the discussions and the information. I am a graduate of an Aircraft Manitenance School from Here in Canada, last year.

As far as 'airframe mechanic', that is my current job title. I currently work on P-3C Orion aircraft doing what is called Standard Depot Level Maintenance ( SDLM). With this type of work, the aircraft is brought in, stripped of some panels, stripped of paint, and given a really good inspection according to the contract with the cutsomer.

Although my title is 'Airframe Mechanic' I am not licensed yet, as the company I work for does not require it as of yet. But there are changes in the wind which suggest that will change in the future. I have been trained to work on almost anything, from Helicopters to airplanes both piston and turbine powered. The principles are the same, just the bigger the aircraft, the more complex the systems are.

Hope this answers some of your Questions and I really appreciate the info. Thanks very much.

Comment

The only thing keeping me from being licensed is I have to wait another 18-20 months before I have ebough time in to write my exam for my license. Also I still have a number of tasks that have to be signed off in my log book as well.

Comment

The only thing keeping me from being licensed is I have to wait another 18-20 months before I have ebough time in to write my exam for my license. Also I still have a number of tasks that have to be signed off in my log book as well.
                      Best advice is to go to trade school in San Diego through either a F, Q, or M visa. In the US, trade schools have direct and indirect agreements with aviation companies after you finish your certification process. There are trade schools in San Diego and surrounding areas. This way, you can be with your girlfriend and perhaps marriage if everything works out. If it does not work out, your chances of a H visa will improve because you will be a licensed full fledged aviation mechanic.

Comment

why not hire AMERICAN workers? because Hudson is a dufus and has no concerns about AMERICAN workers...we don't need $5 an hour airline mechanics....hire AMERICANS, not Canadians (or Mexicans or Dominicans or Romanians or anyone else except AMERICANS...because we live in AMERICA)

Comment

Yes b i t c h we are going to hire a hispanic to lube your rear end you little b i t c h m o t h e r f u c k e r

Comment

I feel very sorry for what happened to you with your contractor, but let me tell you something, I think he doesn´t have any clue of what he´s doing ´cuz I´m a manufacturing engineer proud immigrant and I know every step of my job, so I think he doesn´t really know what he is really doing and just to let you know I used to have reliable illegals working for my company though I never have any such troubles. Therefore this is not the matter of nationality but stupidity....And Iknow you´re you´re smart and you know that.

Comment

Originally posted by Someone12:
                              why not hire AMERICAN workers? because Hudson is a dufus and has no concerns about AMERICAN workers...we don't need $5 an hour airline mechanics....hire AMERICANS, not Canadians (or Mexicans or Dominicans or Romanians or anyone else except AMERICANS...because we live in AMERICA)
                              Dear Constitutionally Challenged and Stormfront member, I challenge you point it in the Constitution that one has to hire Americans?

As for you, you could not lead a squad of Marines guarding an outhouse in the middle of the Mohave Desert.

For me, I want to hire the best within the legal labor law framework. This includes giving legal immigrants who have permission to work fair consideration of the job as anyone else. That is the American Ideal, the American persona, etc.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation