•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pasha Patel
    replied
    Hi longtimehere,

Well if they issued you PR then I don't think it should be a problem in ur N-400 ... well talking about this to an experienced immigration lawyer wont be a bad idea ...I don't think they will put u on VD as u have been here legally for this long and u do have very strong ties in USA...Good luck ...Pasha

Leave a comment:

• LongTimeHere
    replied
    unfortunately, form does not specify 5 year period http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/f.../N-400-non.pdf questions 15-21 in Part D, section 10 (Good Moral Character) - is is page 14 of 16 of the .pdf document. That was the reason of my post, it is all 'Have you EVER...' and ever being in CAPS and Bold...

Leave a comment:

• moondin
    replied
    isn't it for any CIMT you did in the past *5* years? In which case, it's irrelevent -- meaning if it was a problem, they would've denied it at the GC stage, and not lead you on for 6 years, let you bonk out kids, buy homes, get credit, etc. etc. -- only to *then* deport you. Wouldn't make sense.

I wouldn't sweat it. Just read the application, never lie and i wouldn't worry. You'd be surprised at what the agency "let's slide" in terms of convictions, just not to deal with the hassle of paperwork.

Leave a comment:

• LongTimeHere
    replied
    Hi all,
    first post here, so please be gentle .
    Came to US 13 years ago as a student, 6 years ago got married to a USC, we have 2 kids since plus I am a stepfather for 2 from her previous marriage. At any rate, about 7 years ago, I went through a stupid phase and was charged with 'obstructing an officer'. 4 years ago when I went to get Permanent Residency it apparently did not have much of a weight (may be because my attorney was present during the interview, may be because my wife and I were married for several years before even applying for a GC, may be because she was pregnant with our youngest one...) because I was granted an 'unconditional' Permanent Resident status. Well, I problaby would of stayed in the Permanent resident status but my parents are getting older and I have a feeling I might have to start traveling outside of the US to visit them vs. flying them here (which is my preference because it is hell of a cheaper for me). I decided to file for Citizenship (N-400) and while filling that form from the INS site (quite impressed with a fillable .pdf forms from them BTW) I bumped into that 'moral character' section. For some reason I do not remember seeing a form in the past which has forumlated questions in such a way, I might be wrong though.
    I had no police or any other offences since. My children (3 out of 4) are in christian private school, my wife is a stay-at-home mom and I am employeed by a fortune 100 company here in the US for almost 8 years now.
    should I get an attorney again?
    should I be worried?
    should I think that I might get removed from this country leaving my family on wellfare with no means to pay the mortgage, bills and etc?

I am just looking for some ideas from you folks.

Thanks in advance.

Leave a comment:

• LongTimeHere
    started a topic N-400, good moral character section....

N-400, good moral character section....

Hi all,
    first post here, so please be gentle .
    Came to US 13 years ago as a student, 6 years ago got married to a USC, we have 2 kids since plus I am a stepfather for 2 from her previous marriage. At any rate, about 7 years ago, I went through a stupid phase and was charged with 'obstructing an officer'. 4 years ago when I went to get Permanent Residency it apparently did not have much of a weight (may be because my attorney was present during the interview, may be because my wife and I were married for several years before even applying for a GC, may be because she was pregnant with our youngest one...) because I was granted an 'unconditional' Permanent Resident status. Well, I problaby would of stayed in the Permanent resident status but my parents are getting older and I have a feeling I might have to start traveling outside of the US to visit them vs. flying them here (which is my preference because it is hell of a cheaper for me). I decided to file for Citizenship (N-400) and while filling that form from the INS site (quite impressed with a fillable .pdf forms from them BTW) I bumped into that 'moral character' section. For some reason I do not remember seeing a form in the past which has forumlated questions in such a way, I might be wrong though.
    I had no police or any other offences since. My children (3 out of 4) are in christian private school, my wife is a stay-at-home mom and I am employeed by a fortune 100 company here in the US for almost 8 years now.
    should I get an attorney again?
    should I be worried?
    should I think that I might get removed from this country leaving my family on wellfare with no means to pay the mortgage, bills and etc?

I am just looking for some ideas from you folks.

Thanks in advance.
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation