Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

N-400 - how many pay stubs and mortgage statements needed?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N-400 - how many pay stubs and mortgage statements needed?

Hi all,

I'm trying to prepare the N-400 application and am not sure sure about the pay stubs and mortgage statement.

My questions are:
    1) how many pay stubs do i have to submit
    2) how many mortgage statements do i have to submit?
    3) Do I have to submit traffic tickets - parking, speeding - although there is no arrest involved?

Thank you!

Hi all,

I'm trying to prepare the N-400 application and am not sure sure about the pay stubs and mortgage statement.

My questions are:
    1) how many pay stubs do i have to submit
    2) how many mortgage statements do i have to submit?
    3) Do I have to submit traffic tickets - parking, speeding - although there is no arrest involved?

Thank you!

Comment

I am assuming you are applying for Naturalization based on marriage which carries a 3 year instead of the usual 5 year Permanent Residency requirement. If this is true:

1) you do not need to send pay stubs
      2) By getting your green card, you have already proved the vailidity of your marriage so the only thing you have to prove is that the marriage is still in effect so that you meet the 3 year requirement.
      3)You do not have to provide the speeding or parking tickets to the USCIS but you must declare the speeding tickets on your naturalization form.
      4) What is essential documentation is your tax returns. You need to send them copies of all your tax returns and you better have filed every year you have been a PR and if you owe any tax you have to show that you have an agreement with the IRS.

Hopes this helps

Comment

Hi Paddy,

Thanks for getting back to me. However, I'm applying for Naturalization based on the 5 year permanent residency, so I guess the requirement is a bit different from the 3 year marriage.

The pay stubs and mortgage statements (or rent checks) are required but I just don't know how many to submit.

Any advise?

Comment

I do not wanna step on anyone foot here.

But you do not have to show or tell anything about traffic violations.PERIOD.
          I am not sure where you guys get this from.

Either way U do not need to show paystub proof,through marriage or 5 year residency.
          You have to submit though,where u work and all your tas returns...also no need for show your house payments hahaha...that is pathetic how u guys come up with these things.

All you truly need to submit is what it tells you,and there nothing about "traffic violations" such a speeding tickets lol
          please learn english read the question properly and then fill in what needs to be filled in and add what documents need to submited.It is all in there what needs to be sent.Especially the n400 makes it so easy and clear what needs to be sent.

and anothet thing...your test aka interview will be a joke,since u'll only be asked 5 question verbally and not 50 questions lol

Good Luck

Comment

Hi HBKHBK,

If you read the instruction carefully, you will find that the tax return transcripts or mortgage payments/pay stubs might be needed if you ever travelled out side of USA for longer than 6 months...

For the speeding/parking tickets, I thought I won't need to submit them, but from another forum, so many people had mentioned that we "have to" include them, and that's why I was asking the question again.

You might consider yourself smart or an expert, but obviously you don't listen to people very well. Anyhow, thank you for your reply and no. And do I appreciate your response, no, not really.

If you have taken any trip outside the United States that lasted six months or more since becoming a Permanent Resident, send
            evidence that you (and your family) continued to live, work and/or keep ties to the United States, such as:

1) An IRS tax return "transcript" or an IRS-certified tax return listing tax information for the last five years (or for the last three years if you are applying on the basis of marriage to a U.S. citizen).

2) Rent or mortgage payments and pay stubs.

Comment

Listen my friend,
              I did read everything u said carefully and I know darn well what the N400 says and asks for.

Fact of the matter is, You do not need to sent any Violations of traffic report.Period.Thats not an opinion its a fact. And what you read what others might say in the other forums is another story, everyone does it differently and its up to them. All I am saying you, officially you do not need to submit anything such as a speeding ticket, or a car accident u had, which is also a traffic violations.INS doesn't give a d.a.m.n if u had a car accident or not or if you used your turn signal or not or were driving over the speeding limit.

And now as far not listening goes my friend, you should read and understand your question you read on your n400 application.
              If it tells you, if u were gone from the US for more or up to 6 months THEN u need to submit your paystub, because of one reason and one reason only, to see and make sure you still have your job and a steady income...otherwise no need for all that. And just think of the logic of it...what if u do not even own a home, maybe u rent...or what if you live with you in-laws and do not have any rent or house payments...

As far Tax goes its common since, they wanna see u paid properly your taxes into the US system.

No need to pretend u don't care what I say or what not, fact is, you do and read **** well what I say. Not only do I have the knowledge for those things but also I am not an uneducated person here either. What I say is meant to be fair and true.If you like it or not.

Like I said, if you knew everyhting,you would have known what to submit,since it tells you everythin on the application.So I do not need to be a smart a.s.s or anything...its tells you right there exactly what u need.

Another thing about speeding tickets, just to make it clear and understandable how it makes no sense do to and submit something INS does not ask you. If they would really truly care about your traffic violations, don't you think they would have asked for that when you applied for your conditional greencard, and then when you applied to remove them...traffic violations is not their concern at all. If it was, they would ask for it.

Comment

OK, if you are really as smart as you think you are, you wouldn't have said that people like "us" are "pathetic" to come up with the ideas of pay stubs or rent/mortgage payment. The truth is the INS asked for it under certain circumstance and I happen to fall into that category. You obviously don't read the instructions as carefully as you claimed; otherwise, you would have know what I was talking about.

Let me just stop here since it's such a waste of time to even read any posting from someone like you.

Comment

I am not a smart a.s.s. and if you read what I say,I actually tell you "guys" what to do and not to do...and from the past I helped or gave lots of people good helpful advices or tips.

And if I read stuff that is funny I will say so,no offense.

But like I said, if an application EXACTLY tells you in fine english what to submit,I do not get the questions...
                  and just remember the key word "under certain circumstance" well if u belong to those circumstances, duh, then you submit "

as far house payment goes and how many eed to be sent.Good lord, just think of what you did when u submited your I751 back then...did you sent every single bill of every single month with both of your names to prove your point?

U sent maybe one ot two house payments (copies) of each year,especially the latest to show u own a house.All the care about is,if you say U own a house they wanna know if you really do,and in order to do that is showing proof.

"the application fully tells you what to sent" and if someone then asks "do I have to sent this or that" and the application does not even mention anything like that or close to it,makes me wonder "hmm" and if it says 'under certain circumstance' then YOU, yourself should know "Do I belong to these circumstance" if yes u just add stuff...if not u don't.Very simple.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HBKHBK:
                    Listen my friend,
                    I did read everything u said carefully and I know darn well what the N400 says and asks for.

Fact of the matter is, You do not need to sent any Violations of traffic report.Period.Thats not an opinion its a fact. And what you read what others might say in the other forums is another story, everyone does it differently and its up to them. All I am saying you, officially you do not need to submit anything such as a speeding ticket, or a car accident u had, which is also a traffic violations.INS doesn't give a d.a.m.n if u had a car accident or not or if you used your turn signal or not or were driving over the speeding limit.

And now as far not listening goes my friend, you should read and understand your question you read on your n400 application.
                    If it tells you, if u were gone from the US for more or up to 6 months THEN u need to submit your paystub, because of one reason and one reason only, to see and make sure you still have your job and a steady income...otherwise no need for all that. And just think of the logic of it...what if u do not even own a home, maybe u rent...or what if you live with you in-laws and do not have any rent or house payments...

As far Tax goes its common since, they wanna see u paid properly your taxes into the US system.

No need to pretend u don't care what I say or what not, fact is, you do and read **** well what I say. Not only do I have the knowledge for those things but also I am not an uneducated person here either. What I say is meant to be fair and true.If you like it or not.

Like I said, if you knew everyhting,you would have known what to submit,since it tells you everythin on the application.So I do not need to be a smart a.s.s or anything...its tells you right there exactly what u need.

Another thing about speeding tickets, just to make it clear and understandable how it makes no sense do to and submit something INS does not ask you. If they would really truly care about your traffic violations, don't you think they would have asked for that when you applied for your conditional greencard, and then when you applied to remove them...traffic violations is not their concern at all. If it was, they would ask for it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, if memory serves me correctly, HBKHBK, the form N400 has a specific question that asks if the alien has been cited, arrested, for any violation or offence for which he or she was not charged, in which case, a traffic violation would pertain. As such, even though copies of such citations may not be required, a correct answer to the question posed on the N400 would be "yes" and an explanation placed in the corresponding box that a fine was paid.

As to tax returns, USCIS might also be interested in the manner in which an alien declares him or herself (resident alien or other).
                    The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation