X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1/B2 extension

g'day to everyone,

I applied for a B1/B2 extension since I am working on a project here in Florida, what will happen if the project is over and the results of my application has not yet been released? How will i be able to go back to my home country? The client will not pay for expenses once the project is finished.

1) DHS does not care if you overstayed your visa if you are attempting to leave the U.S. In other words if you are at the airport with a flight out of the country, no one is going to care if you are an overstay. They only care if you are attempting either to not leave or if you are attempting to reenter the country again after having overstayed previously.

2) I'm assuming you filed for the extension before the prior visa expired. If was your first extension request, and you have the receipt notice you should have no problems getting the extension approved. Even if you leave the country with the extension pending this should not prevent you from returning as long as you keep all your documentation. A non-frivolous request for an extension usually tolls any accrual of unlawful presence.
    Note: This is not legal advice. For legal advice contact a competent immigration attorney. http://asylumlaw.blogspot.com

Comment

newsflash: you are not supposed to be working with a B1 or B2 visa, so hop on the next plane and go back where you came from, visa cheat.

Comment

Originally posted by Someone12:
        newsflash: you are not supposed to be working with a B1 or B2 visa, so hop on the next plane and go back where you came from, visa cheat.
        if you read my post correctly i am not a visa cheat, i have not gotten any payments from the client that i am working for here. i am a consultant and get my salary from my home country and office. If you know your visas correctly B1/B2 is for tourists and temporary business. If I was cheating on my visa, i wouldnt have gone through the process of applying for an extension, so be careful about your replies.

Comment

Originally posted by senowen:
          1) DHS does not care if you overstayed your visa if you are attempting to leave the U.S. In other words if you are at the airport with a flight out of the country, no one is going to care if you are an overstay. They only care if you are attempting either to not leave or if you are attempting to reenter the country again after having overstayed previously.

2) I'm assuming you filed for the extension before the prior visa expired. If was your first extension request, and you have the receipt notice you should have no problems getting the extension approved. Even if you leave the country with the extension pending this should not prevent you from returning as long as you keep all your documentation. A non-frivolous request for an extension usually tolls any accrual of unlawful presence.

Thanks for your reply, i did file for extension of my I-94, actually my visa is still ok as it expires in 2010. So my question should have been, "What would happen if I left without getting the results of my I-94 extension?"

I dont know if they will allow me to leave since i dont have my departure card with me, will that have any negative effect as to my next visit?

Comment

viper: I know far far more about visas than you can even spell....and no one believes this "consulting" krap

Comment

you are entitled to your opinion but you best keep it to yourself. you do not have the right to call anyone asking for advice a "cheat"

i dont care how much you know about visas as you claim. who gives you the right to suspect people asking for advice. i pity you.

Comment

Don't worry about being able to leave the U.S. I have never heard of anyone, other than a fugitive, being stopped from leaving the country as long as they have a valid passport. While anything is possible with the crazies at the DHS, I simply haven't heard of anyone in your situation being stopped from leaving.

The I-94 should not be a problem either. As long as you have the documents showing that you filed for an extension then there should not be a problem returning. I mean, you will probably have to explain the situation a bit to the immigration officer, but I don't know of any reason they would not let you in.
                Note: This is not legal advice. For legal advice contact a competent immigration attorney. http://asylumlaw.blogspot.com

Comment

Thank you for your inputs.

Comment

dear viper1026: check our Constitution....we have something called Freedom of Speech...and thus, I believe you are a visa cheat....so....?? I don't believe a single word of your bee ess story....so???
                    a visa cheat is a visa cheat, no matter how the cheat tries to change the appearance....so....if you don't like my assessment of your situation...tough $hit.

Comment

Originally posted by Someone12:
                      dear viper1026: check our Constitution....we have something called Freedom of Speech...and thus, I believe you are a visa cheat....so....?? I don't believe a single word of your bee ess story....so???
                      a visa cheat is a visa cheat, no matter how the cheat tries to change the appearance....so....if you don't like my assessment of your situation...tough $hit.
                      You should let people alone and look at your mirror if it's not broken already!!!! red neck a$$.

Comment

sorry, but you are obviously not a Patriotic American....you are a moronic illegal alien supporter, which means your IQ is less than 80 ( a requirement)...and once again, check our Constitution....there is not a single word in it that says I am required to believe a single word some scamming visa cheat says and, I am entitled to express my opinion of the situation, whether you (a moron) or the OP (a visa cheat) agrees or not....

Comment

shove the whole constitution up your A$$, although I know how bad you are. And I think the Constitution doesn't deserve such ****** destination.

Comment

this is very obvious somesick12, no one needs you here, you love to be insulted, this is very obvious, they urge you to keep your sick openions to yourself, and simply they do not care about your sick brain. why do not you move your A$$ out of here and try to get a real life.
                            I feel so sorry for you pathetic loser.

Comment

Said - take the high road, as I advised Meekas. Everyone here is entitled to their opinions, but you have a choice whether or not to react.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation