X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Niece and Husband

hi was wondering if somebody can help me
    I have a small bussines and due to my illness i want my niece and her husband to become managers
    they live in South Africa... can we get a workpermit ??
    thank you

I have a small bussines and due to my illness i want my niece and her husband to become managers
    thank you

Comment

Sell your phony business and go back where you belong.

Comment

HI SORRY I DID OFFEND YOU.... I WORKED VERY HARD FOR MY BUSSINES , DO NOT WANT TO SELL... JUST WANTED TO KEEP MY FELLOW AMERICANS A JOB.. AND IM SORRY I DO HAVE CANCER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        I AM AN AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT!!!!!

Comment

No Brain just dropped her foot in her mouth...again! Presumptions will be the death of you NB.

Agapi, please ignore the ignoramus that is NB. The only thing I can think of is possibly the L1 intracompany transfer visa if they are able to qualify for that. There's no family sponsorship available since they have to be immediate family ie. mother/father, son/daughter and brother/sister only. Good luck.
          "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

thank you Britt... sorry i was so angry... but there are still honest people out there that want to do the right thing... and i do not want to put my stuff out there and get sympathy ... just want to keep my business safe and running
            thanks
            agapi

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Agapi:
              thank you </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
              Hi Agapi,
              What type of tax structure is your business? Is it a sole propietorship? LLC? Corporation? or S Corp? If you do not know exactly, let me know which form you file for your business.

The reason why I am asking is that you may be able to get either an L1 or maybe a B visa for your husband and/or niece. Another possibility is the H visa.

I am not quite sure, but I think your husband and niece is located in another country. Is that correct?

If your husband and niece live in another country:

To get the L visa, you much have offices set up in the US and in another country. There are requirements for the potential L1 visa holder to be employed by your company in the foreign country. This site provies general info for the L1 requirements.

In addition, you might be eligible to sponsor them for the H visa. H visa requirements are specific and limited. Another possiblity is for your husband and your niece manage the business in their country, but occassionally travel to the US for business visits. This is the B1 visa. The B1 visa has the least amount of restrictions than a L or H visa.

If your husband and/or niece live in the US:
              Since I do not know where they live, it will depend on their visa status. Technically, you could make them part of your business, but it may not change their current visa status. The H visa is available to them, but not the L visa.

Tax considerations:
              Depending on which business structure you have, making your husband and/or niece owners may have significant tax consequences. Making them managers will not, but IRS code and regs for their employment status must be followed. If you have any additional questions, I am here to help.

I hope I am not intruding too much, but I hope to hear from you soon.
              "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

Hudson,

I took the OP to mean her niece and the niece's husband, not the OP's husband.

Not sure it that will change your advice, but just wanted to point it out.

Comment

"i want my niece and her husband to become managers they live in South Africa... can we get a workpermit ??". Now the story changed to " JUST WANTED TO KEEP MY FELLOW AMERICANS A JOB..". Why is it so easy for me to spot the liars/cheaters? Keep posting though, it amuses me.

Comment

If the OP really cared about Americans, he wouldn't be trying to fraudulently bring his relatives over to steal jobs from them....some patriot...NOT.

Comment

Im sad that people have fun with an illness..and even worse is that I have to proof that i have carcinoid cancer... if you are close to Philadelphia you are welcome to visit at the 15th floor at hahneman hospital i am there every monday and friday...

Comment

to Hudson
                        i have a little restaurant
                        thank you for all your info

Comment

whatever....the bottom line is you refuse to hire Americans, instead trying some flim flam way to bring two UNQUALIFIED relatives over to steal jobs from other Americans.

Comment

An L visa won't work because the two relatives are NOT working in a parent company or subsidiary company related to this restaurant; a B1 is not the proper visa with which to manage/run a restaurant in the US (cannot do ordinary labor like this, and no, a B1 in lieu if H is a joke) and an H1B is likely a joke....who needs a college degree to serve hamburgers???

Comment

Wife in US, but husband not here? Very strange. If she is legal, why didn't her husband enter as a dependent?

My guess is that she is illegal and wants to bring hubby and niece here on B-2 and work illegally.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation