X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immigration Lawyer Referral Web Site

Suggestion Only - Last Resort:

If you have a lousy or sleezy immigration lawyer, (like Pascal) or need an answer to question you can't get try this site for immigration lawyer referral. These people have a much lower sleeze factor, also some other good info. on it. http://www.aila.org
    Attorny referral phone number: 800-954-0254
    ((on the left hand side of your screen, scroll down to "Immigration Law & You" for a referral service))

I haven't used them, but they are all licensed and are in good standing with a State Bar Association.

Suggestion Only - Last Resort:

If you have a lousy or sleezy immigration lawyer, (like Pascal) or need an answer to question you can't get try this site for immigration lawyer referral. These people have a much lower sleeze factor, also some other good info. on it. http://www.aila.org
    Attorny referral phone number: 800-954-0254
    ((on the left hand side of your screen, scroll down to "Immigration Law & You" for a referral service))

I haven't used them, but they are all licensed and are in good standing with a State Bar Association.

Comment

I tried e-mailing them a couple of months ago but the e-mail address wasn't good. I then sent an e-mail to their webmaster about the e-mail but never heard back. A few days later I phoned the number and left a voice message as per their instructions (what type of immigration law you need help with etc), and noone ever got back to me. I think they have a search area where you can look up an aila lawyer in your geographic area. But I couldn't help wondering if this was similar to the BBB where if you pay the dues, you are a member and it might not really mean all that much else. Still looking for a referral...

Comment

AILA is the organization for immigration attorneys. Yes, you pay a fee and are a member -- but this is how all attorney organizations are. AILA members have access to the latest information -- and possibly most important, they cared enough to pay the hefty dues and become a member. Most who practice immigration part time or just dabble are not members

Comment

I like your point about hefty dues.
          Just found this quote by CA immigration attorney Carl Shusterman:
          "AILA is not that selective," he explains. "Membership is acquired through payment of a fee, and they don't monitor how well the attorney does his or her job. Use this as a mandatory prerequisite, but not the sole criteria."
          from http://immigration.about.com/library.../aa122299b.htm

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed