Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fiance Visas & Marrage--Fiance is from England--Need suggestions!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fiance Visas & Marrage--Fiance is from England--Need suggestions!

Hi, I am a native born Citizen of the U.S. I live in Minnesota.
    My fiance who I love so much was born in England and is a citizen of England. He is now living in Ireland.

I will be going to Ireland in February. When I am there we have many decisions to make.
    What we are planning for the time being is: I live with him in Ireland for a couple of years
    and then we move back to the US.

If you can please answer the questions in each of my options and if you could please give me any advice/suggestions--that would be great!
    These were the options I was thinking of:
    1. I move to Ireland we sign a fiance visa in Ireland so we can live there, but we have our wedding in the U.S. because I have a big family over here. But after getting married in the U.S. we would go back to Ireland to live for a couple years and then move back to the U.S. Would they let us do that? Could we get back in the country?

2. I move to Ireland we sign a fiance visa & get married in Ireland. After living there a couple of years...could we still move back to the U.S.?

What would work? What would be best? Is it too complicated living in one country together and then going back to the other?

Thank you so much,
    Joni

Hi, I am a native born Citizen of the U.S. I live in Minnesota.
    My fiance who I love so much was born in England and is a citizen of England. He is now living in Ireland.

I will be going to Ireland in February. When I am there we have many decisions to make.
    What we are planning for the time being is: I live with him in Ireland for a couple of years
    and then we move back to the US.

If you can please answer the questions in each of my options and if you could please give me any advice/suggestions--that would be great!
    These were the options I was thinking of:
    1. I move to Ireland we sign a fiance visa in Ireland so we can live there, but we have our wedding in the U.S. because I have a big family over here. But after getting married in the U.S. we would go back to Ireland to live for a couple years and then move back to the U.S. Would they let us do that? Could we get back in the country?

2. I move to Ireland we sign a fiance visa & get married in Ireland. After living there a couple of years...could we still move back to the U.S.?

What would work? What would be best? Is it too complicated living in one country together and then going back to the other?

Thank you so much,
    Joni

Comment

Number 2 would work best as far as getting him a green card asap. If you are planning on living in Ireland for 2 years anyway, file for Permanent Residency via "consular notification" as soon as you are married.

Note, he won't be able to enter the U.S. as a visitor while the PR application is pending BUT consular notification is moving faster than adjustment (filing for PR inside of the U.S.)

This of course means you will not be able to have a U.S. wedding. Maybe though, you could have a Canadidan wedding??? Minnesota is close to Canada. Just a thought, but remember once you start consular processing your husband can only enter the U.S. on an H or an L visa. Both of which are employment based.

Comment

What if we get married in the U.S. We havn't signed any PR applications or fiance visas anywhere...I move to Ireland with him for a couple years and then we move back to the U.S.? Is this possible?

Comment

I would advise against a marriage to a Brit; they speak funny and have bad teeth. Also in Ireland, they become alcoholics.

Comment

Thanks for the warning. Ah, it's allright. I've introduced him to Crest and Crest whitening.

Comment

How about electric toothbrushes, flossing and bleaching? Speech therapy?

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation