Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How I see it!

i question Just how Much power and Ability Any President Truly Has NOW? These Times! Take The oath then take the Class! Heres What You can do! and heres What you Cant!!!
    USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
      Its a plot by the democratic party to enslave us all.

Trivia question. What was the calalyst that caused the formation of the Republican party? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
      Gas prices have nothing to do with political party affiliation.
      "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
        Its simple. Just look at the bare bones facts. Which party started the majority of the wars over the last 100 years? The democrats have. Which party stopped most of them? The Republicans.

The current situation with gas has more to do with foreign interests than what we're being lead to believe. The Gov collects more in taxes per gallon than the oil companies make in profit. Even still, who controls domestic commerce? The democrat controlled senate and congress.

The best economic times have been during Republican administrations.

The dems like to work people up with the sky is falling fear tactics. Most of their speeches are about how bad things are. Of course never taking the blame for any of it. Even though they for the most part control the government. And of course their solutions always amount to raising taxes, removing rights, and making us more dependent on them. After all the fluff is pulled away that is what you're left with. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
        I think I smell conspiracy theory. I have never believed any war, even Gulf War II, was solely or primarily about oil or the principle cause for going to war. Poeple should read a book entitled "Iraq Dossier" that was published in 2002 by IISS.
        "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

No, I think you smell chicken, LOL...

Most wars are about resources of one sort or another. This one is no different. Its just more obvious than some of the others. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
          No, I think Carl Von Clausewitz said it best, "War is the continuation of policy (politics) by other means."

Iraq only contributes at best 6% of the world's oil supply while the US only at 1.8%. In order for your argument to have any merit, Iraq would have to have a much more significant impact on the supply of oil, but it does not.

Price of oil has risen on three primary factors: commodity futures market, increasing world demand, and a lack of new production facilities to meet the demand.

Comment

Their current production or capability? Add to that Kuwait. Take into account what could have happened if Saddam would have succeeded in taking over the middle east. Now the 6% figure grows substantially. Throw in the higher demand and the countries making that demand. What are their motivations? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
            Davdah,
            Current capacity right now is at 100%. Current production is above 100%. Do the math.

As far as Saddam is concerned, his reasons for invading Kuwait was based more on political than economic. Kuwait and Saudi Arabia refused to forgive the loans made to Iraq during the Iran-Iraq war. Add to that slant drilling done in Kuwait toward Iraqi oil fields infuriated Saddam. And then you have the Arab Nationalism engulfing Iraq. Saddam made the same miscalculation on Iran as he did with Kuwait. That reason was the EMir of Kuwait was unpopular and Saddam thought he would be hailed as a liberator.

Comment

simple guys!!! Is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

could have been any Place!!!

the middle east compiled Of More disaggreement Than anywhere Else this planet for centuries! Asia not much Different!!! Truly diversified In beliefe And will without second Thought destroy the other !!

None = America Intervention, except power and $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!
              USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

Comment

And taking their oil would have been a nice payday, right? And we are liberating Iraq. Nothing to do with oil. Reality check. Its all about the oil. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                Davdah,
                Big difference between the consequence of an action and the actual reason for taking such an action. For instance, when you get married, it was not for, "I want to have a child and take care of that child" as the primary reason for marrying that indivudual, but it was more like, "I love you and I want to share my life with you, Marry me""

Comment

I don't think Saddam had matrimonial interests in Kuwait.

There are any number of countries that are currently in military conflict. We pick and choose our allies and foes based on national interest. A significant determining factor is maintaining our economy which supports our world position.

Does anyone care about the opinion of the *** on the street corner? No one. Who cares about the opinion of D. Trump? Many do. The same is played out on the world stage. We are Trump and the new Rome.

BTW, for anyone considering marriage they should have talked about kids before saying I do. In some cases though the child is the reason for marriage. The shotgun in the back is a powerful motivator. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                  Davdah,
                  you do realize slogans like "No Blood for Oil" were based on the premise that US went into Iraq only, or primarily for oil, don't you? The premise has nothing to do with whether you agree with the decision or not. However, Middle East Quarterly and CFR had some really good expose pieces about the politics of Saddam and the events leading up to the Kuwait invasion.

As for listening to Donald Trump, I will if and only if I want to file bankruptcy or how to do well in real estate speculation contracts. Other than that, any opinion on him is the same as the one on the street when politics come in mind. The same goes with any actor or actress.

Comment

I know why we went to Iraq. Who doesn't?

The point about Trump was he is more able to have an audiance than most. He may file BK every other week but he still has more than most. He's doing something right. Would you trade assets with him? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                    Yes, you said the US went into Iraq for oil. I said it was based on other reasons. My reasons happen to be correct hisoticlally. YOurs on a whim of a individual who has filed more bankruptcies than Elizabeth Taylor had husbands.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation